3k Engine Problems. Wont Idle Stalling When Driving

Sinate

OK after getting ke30 back on the road was running good for a while minus hesitation when accelerating sometimes would bog down and have no power and just have to pump gas /hold throttle until it kicked back in. This would not usually happen if i took off with a bit of revs over 3k.

Problem got worse after driving car hard one night home. started spluttering and then spluttered to dead. Car slowly dropped off idle. Then wouldn't start back up, eventually it did. Car started but its like the accelerator cable wasn't attached as it would immediately die afterwards.

After it starting then immediately dying after a second or so i just kept cranking starter to keep it from dying off. eventually this would (with throttle right down) catch and let me rev the car but only above 3k sorta things. i was able to drive home but had to use 3rd and second and not drop revs.

This has been happening ever since. I noticed fuel pump was leaking so i assumed it was at fault. Swapped for good unti and still have problem.

i half replaced intake gasket as i thought might be a nasty gasket leak, found one of the threads in my head is a little stripped and wont tighten a bolt?

possible problems i think

carby, acceleration pump ( have carb apart, looks fine (will buy another secound hand working unit this week)

only happens once slightly warmed up usually.

My pcv pipe wasn't connected this hole time?

please Any help at all would be great.

Members dont see this ad

- Vacuum leak will cause it to stall

- Too rich an idle mixture will flood it and cause it to stall

- Incorrectly adjusted fuel float will cause it to flood and stall

- Worn points will cause it to stall

- Worn spark plugs will cause it to stall

Basically, it could be anything, check those things first though.

if ya can get it started and idle a bit, tip water over the intake gasket area if it dies then you have a big gasket leak, replace gasket and try again ! if ok take fuel line of the carbie ,turn motor over if theres a big spray of petrol then shes ok. next is ya carbie ,spend the money on that(IE re build) as she is the blood line for any motor.

good luck