Need Some Help

vlt666

Members dont see this ad

its not hard. pushrods out, lifters out, distributor out, fuel pump off, radiator out, belt off, crank pulley off, sump down, timing cover off, mark gears and chain with whiteout, tensioner off (don't drop the bits in the sump), cam plate off, cam out. reverse procedure to install, set tappets and ign timing. done

it is easy, i've done it in a day, after i put my engine together for the first time and it wouldn't run, some TDCs quickly told me it was 20 degrees out. shit

to learn how camshafts work, google is your friend, so is howstuffworks.com

a good webpage i could was this

http://www.roversd1.nl/sd1web/index.html

click on tuning, then camshaft 1

alot of us think the best corolla cam is a 25/65 with lots of lift, the tighe 104 stage 3 grind is that

Jamie does them in car, I do them out of the car. For me it's easier to pull the engine out, and put it on a stand. Mainly because it takes me under an hour to pull the engine out and the same to put it back in, and the time I save not having to root around in the engine bay and buggering up my back, for me it's worth it. It depends on what your workshop/ garage is like, and how easily you can do things. I've got to the point where the only thing I'm missing is a hoist, and my Navigator has one at his house if I need it. If you have limited space and equipment, and it'd be easier for you to do it in car. Choose is yours.... :greenbounce:

you can do it reasonably easily, although it is not the most fun of jobs. making sure everything is clean before you start, makes life easier. using a block and tackle (or like) to raise the engine to allow more sump clearance helps alot.

remove the 4 studs under the timing cover and replace with bolts while you have it apart. makes life easier if you have to drop the sump again in the car. with bolts, you only need to lower the sump half as much for t/cover removal.

much easier to prepare another engine on a stand, and swap in at a later date.