July 16, 200818 yr comment_261484 Hey, I'm wondering if an 4afc gearbox from an ae92 corolla would be compatible with the 16v 4age engine? thanks i have searched around to find the answer, and all i seem to find is RWD conversions. yes ive used google too :) Edited July 16, 200818 yr by Jc. Report
July 16, 200818 yr comment_261517 I would have thought this would be possible, considering that the 4A engine series essentially uses the same block. I am doing a RWD conversion, so I am not 100% sure, but I would not have thoughts it mattered Report
July 17, 200818 yr comment_261554 yep should be, also id think you would find even something like a c160 (i think) from a 20v with factory lsd would bolt upto a 16v Report
July 17, 200818 yr comment_261594 Hey, I'm wondering if an 4afc gearbox from an ae92 corolla would be compatible with the 16v 4age engine? thanks i have searched around to find the answer, and all i seem to find is RWD conversions. yes ive used google too :) 4AFC is a C50 gearbox, 4AGE (and 7AFE) is C52. Tecnically the boxes are compatible, but the C50 has a shorter first gear ratio that doesn't quite suit the 4AGE. So yes it will fit, but for basically the same money a C52 is the better bet. Or fork out a tiny bit more for a C56 5-speed from a 20V (beware that some silvertop gearboxes are still C52), which has different 3rd gear ratio, or fork out even more and do some fabrication work and get a C160 from a blacktop 20V Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now