Ke20 Suspension

mitch4397

How much did the badge set ya back? redwalls hmm was gonna get them before I sold it. Interested to see how it looks, never seen them ona 20 before.

Cheers, Ben.

thanks for the help guys

ben - badge i got for 40 bucks through ebay. redwalls are on there with the whitewalls (pics 2moro):eatlead: yeah ill look around for gettin them reset. i do recall going into pedders and hearing something like $500, could be wrong.

when i get some mula, got big plans for the beast :bash:

Members dont see this ad
I don't consider 2" of blocks to be dodgy?

In QLD lowering blocks are legal up to 50mm, are you sure they are not legal there?

i would certainly be leaving that there over flipping leaves, as this does bad stuff for your suspension.

Yes lowering blocks are bad as they actually increase axle tramp because it makes the spring get wound up easier.

Surely mate do things properly it does not cost too much. do the stuff yourself. Pedders are particularly good at quoting huge numbers for jobs they don't really want to do. Mates Galant in adeliade was quoted $950 for rear spring and shock replayment. We did it (when I flew over for a whole $300.

Biggest thing to learn is not to quote the car. know your car and ask for want you want, parts numbers are your friend. It is like the galant. I don't state at any time what car it is I only want this part.,.... That way the price will not go up because it is an old car, is a very valuble skill to learn.

As for not caring about insurance, that is fine an dandy and spoken in true form from someone whom has never had their insurance revoked. They are there to find any way of getting out of paying up, at the end of the day I would rather the piece of mind that the car that has just pulled out infront of me and potentially be given the right of way :eatlead: and happens to be a brand new rolls royce will get replace without a cent more than my premium. I would hate to be the KE35 I saw on wednesday whom got t-bone as I suspect the insurance will not cover him due to rims and other fitments. It is not fun... I had to fight after someone ran a red light and tboned me removing the whole front end of my Brock commodore. Their insurance company revoked their cover due to issues they "found" about his car... don't give them an excuse.

Cheers

Yes lowering blocks are bad as they actually increase axle tramp because it makes the spring get wound up easier.

Surely mate do things properly it does not cost too much. do the stuff yourself. Pedders are particularly good at quoting huge numbers for jobs they don't really want to do. Mates Galant in adeliade was quoted $950 for rear spring and shock replayment. We did it (when I flew over for a whole $300.

Biggest thing to learn is not to quote the car. know your car and ask for want you want, parts numbers are your friend. It is like the galant. I don't state at any time what car it is I only want this part.,.... That way the price will not go up because it is an old car, is a very valuble skill to learn.

As for not caring about insurance, that is fine an dandy and spoken in true form from someone whom has never had their insurance revoked. They are there to find any way of getting out of paying up, at the end of the day I would rather the piece of mind that the car that has just pulled out infront of me and potentially be given the right of way :eatlead: and happens to be a brand new rolls royce will get replace without a cent more than my premium. I would hate to be the KE35 I saw on wednesday whom got t-bone as I suspect the insurance will not cover him due to rims and other fitments. It is not fun... I had to fight after someone ran a red light and tboned me removing the whole front end of my Brock commodore. Their insurance company revoked their cover due to issues they "found" about his car... don't give them an excuse.

Cheers

cheers mate, appreciate the lengthy reply

i had my leaf springs reset by a mate who worked for lexus, but i found that the rear wasnt low enough for my liking so i put 2" blocks in and i agree it sufferd from axle tramp but strickly speaking any car with leaves suffers from bad axle tramp so what i did was take a second set of my leaf springs measuerd and shortend the second set and restacked my first set.

So instead of having the standard 3 leafs in my 30 i run 6 leafs this has made the cars rear stiffer there for no axle tramp.

i had my leaf springs reset by a mate who worked for lexus, but i found that the rear wasnt low enough for my liking so i put 2" blocks in and i agree it sufferd from axle tramp but strickly speaking any car with leaves suffers from bad axle tramp so what i did was take a second set of my leaf springs measuerd and shortend the second set and restacked my first set.

So instead of having the standard 3 leafs in my 30 i run 6 leafs this has made the cars rear stiffer there for no axle tramp.

Yes this does have merit. However, the last thing that you want it to encourage axle tramp. secondly by using 6 leaves you might find that the car would oversteer really easy. it is always a good idea to run a softer rear than the front, particularly in RWD format. The second thing would have been if you strengthen the front half of the spring you would find that you would control the spring better and still had softer suspension. :bash: but as per normal there is always more than one way to skin a cat.. :eatlead:

Cheers