Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke55, White Or Matt White?

Featured Replies

I'm looking at purchasing a KE55 in the very near future, and am looking at respraying it. I had a dream about one last night (wierd I know) but I am thinking that matt white would look awesome, with chrome dress rims, and whitewalls. I'm happy to have it a glossy white, just after some oppinions.

 

Has anyone had a Corolla painted in matt white?

 

Any comments?

 

Cheers

  • Author

I thought it might look a tad 'tacky', that's why I wanted to put it out there, to see if anyone had done it, and how it looked.

Cheers for your comment

Edited by Johnjimo

be a prick to keep clean - thinking of flat white exhaust paint

  • Author

I'll admit I don't know much about matt paint.....just thought it could possibly look nice on a Corolla.

have you seen a matt white car? no? thats because everyone who does it changes back almost immediately. matt finish is ok, but not on white.

Point taken.

 

sorry if you took that personally. it wasn't meant that way. what i was trying to say was matt white paint just looks like your regular white paint has lost its shine. have you considered a light cream as a possible colour?

  • Author

Yeah like an off white kinda colour? My mate Wayne has a KE55 in a beige kinda colour, so I kind of wanted to stay away from beige. I'd honestly have to see one in white before I just did it though. I know the beige type colour looks really nice.

I didn't take it personal btw, just having a rough time atm.

Cheers

Do you want matte, or do you want a satin finish - there's a difference. All the cars you see with good "matte" finishes are a regular base coat, then you add a flattener to the clear coat.

 

all the bad, $50 buck enamel "flat" jobs are just bad painting.

  • Author

Not sure? I've seen a few matte cars mainly in magazines lol. Thanks for all your oppinions. I think it will probably end up white or off white. Unless anyone has any good reasons why I should paint it another colour? Haha should I start a new thread now? I'm a noob......

Pure White with no tint in it ends up discolouring to yellow/white. So really the slightest of tint should make it alright and shouldn't effect the outcome.

If you've seen them in car mags recently, they're almost certainly a clear coated job with a flattener. Even the traditional rod scene is uses this method a lot, as opposed to the authenticity of an actual primer paint job.

  • Author

I suppose a light cream/off white would be nice, and I guess I can't polish a matte finish.....

Do you all think that a ligh cream/off white would look nice with black chasers, chrome dress rims, and white walls, with the whole car being pretty low?

Cheers

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.