Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2tc In 3k 1973 Ke20

Featured Replies

Well firt of all I am new to the rolla club. I just got a 1973 ke20 with the 3K engine and tranny. However I just picked up a 2TC motor nd 5 speed tranny includint tranny crossmember and driveline. Also got a set of 44mm mikunni sidedraft set up for a 3TC. How hard would it be to swap into my KE20 and what thinggs would I need. Great site by the way fellas.

Welcome to rollaclub!

 

This conversion has been done quite few times, so have a look around with the search function, you will find it has mostly been done to a ke30/55, but same old.

 

The gearstick hole will pretty much fit, with a tiny trim to the back edge.

You will need custom gearbox and engine mounts.

You will need to convert to a hydrolic clutch too, which is probably the biggest hassel. Use a ta22 clutch master cyl.

 

Cheers

  • Author

Somebody told me I could TA22 engine mounts. Does anybody know about this? What year TA22 for the clutch pump and what about the drive shaft.

 

Welcome to rollaclub!

 

This conversion has been done quite few times, so have a look around with the search function, you will find it has mostly been done to a ke30/55, but same old.

 

The gearstick hole will pretty much fit, with a tiny trim to the back edge.

You will need custom gearbox and engine mounts.

You will need to convert to a hydrolic clutch too, which is probably the biggest hassel. Use a ta22 clutch master cyl.

 

Cheers

Somebody also told me the moon was made out of cheese.

 

You are going to need to move the mount on the crossmember. There's a good chance you will also need to change your swaybar to clear the sump.

 

Go to repco and ask for a ta22 master. They should be all the same. Gear box mount should be fine if you have the bolt holes in the chassis about 6 inches further back than where it currently mounts. If you want to make it perfect, you may need to move the holes sideways a bit. I know I had to do get a tailshaft made for the 37, so I expect you'll need one for a 20. (I managed to source one already made for mine.)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.