Found The Problem

got one77

Hey all i found the problem with bling :D it turns out that water was getting in through no4 piston(photo attached) does anyone know if this is repairable or not and if so do they know the composition of the metal makeup as i might be able to tig weld it??????????????? :wink: Cheers rodpost-6317-1220759491_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
Hey all i found the problem with bling :D it turns out that water was getting in through no4 piston(photo attached) does anyone know if this is repairable or not and if so do they know the composition of the metal makeup as i might be able to tig weld it??????????????? :wink: Cheers rod

I would dump it and find an other. Not worth wasting time and money on. Likely to be thin elsewhere as well.

Probably a result of no or old poor glycol coolant

Edited by tojo2

That is easily repairable!!!!!!!!!! Trust me on this one!

I've had to get alot worse than that repaired before.

just as an example, my local engine reconditioners would charge $11 to fix/weld that corrosion and $66 for a surface regrind,

hope this helps,

cheers phatke30!

thanks for that phatke30 :y: had a chat with a few other rolla members and looks like a drive to the sunny coast is on the cards for the weekend :dance: .