New To The Corolla Scene...

MR AE92

Hi my name is David but everyone can call me David or Dave whichever is easier. I'm new to the 4 cylinder scene and I'm about to own my very first Corolla after having driven V6s and Straight 6s since i got my license. I thought id give the 4 cylinder scene a go as ive always been a fan of all Corollas.

Now a quick question, I'm picking up my Corolla in a few days and i just wanted to know exactly what model it is? The ad on the internet states its an AE92 Hatchback 5 Speed Manual, but with a 1.6 Litre Carby motor? I went to go for a test drive and the motor wasnt carby its fuel injected. The guy advertising the car commented that its a 93, so i did some research on carsales.com.au and it told me this specific model came with a tacho, which in fact the car I'm picking up has no tacho. I'm confused and just want someone to help me identify what model this Corolla is?

Cheers!

Dave

Members dont see this ad

Hey Davie, welcome to the club. Well the year sounds about right, AE92/1993. Fuel injection was offered as an extra I think, its possible that they got it mixed up. As for the tacho, some came with, some without. It shouldn't be hard to track down a tacho from a wrecker or on this club. They should just be plug and play.

Hey Davie, welcome to the club. Well the year sounds about right, AE92/1993. Fuel injection was offered as an extra I think, its possible that they got it mixed up. As for the tacho, some came with, some without. It shouldn't be hard to track down a tacho from a wrecker or on this club. They should just be plug and play.

ae9X hatches had both carby and fuel injection, just depends on the spec of the model as they range from SE right up to SX/GTI same goes for the tahco.

to a degree its plug and play but it also depends on the cluster that he wants.

this is the main reason i asked for picture as from the vague description it sounds like a couple of models from the range :D

Thanks heaps everyone for your help! I havent got any pics yet, but as soon as i get the car which will be in a couple of days ill definately take some pics. As for the tacho, i was thinking maybe of getting a GTi cluster for it? Is it just plug and play? If not i would just get myself a nice autometer tacho, something that blends well with the dash.

Thanks again for your help guys! Much appreciated :D

Thanks heaps everyone for your help! I havent got any pics yet, but as soon as i get the car which will be in a couple of days ill definately take some pics. As for the tacho, i was thinking maybe of getting a GTi cluster for it? Is it just plug and play? If not i would just get myself a nice autometer tacho, something that blends well with the dash.

Thanks again for your help guys! Much appreciated :D

you need to a little bit of chopping and changing to use the SX/GTI clusters plus you need the oil pressure sender off of a 4age so the oil gauge works properly.

or you get a lower spec CSI or CSI limited cluster with a tacho that is plug and play.