Tacho

KE70MAN

hey everyone, i have a tach that i want to install on my ke70.

it is a cs corolla so in the dash assembly it has the analog clock and speedo, no tach. hence my reason for installing one.

i just need some info on where each wire should go, i have installed it on other cars, but with the rolla it wont work. i need help identifying a good positive and negative terminals (excluding battery) and also the coil wire. hope u guys can hel[p

cheerz

Carl :D

Members dont see this ad

power wire - usually red - attach the accesories power feed on ignition

earth wire - somewhere behind dash

tacho light wire - to dash lights

coil wire - positive side of coil - sometimes negative side.

i assume you have a test light ? so you can check power feeds ?

yeh i know you can get the csx tach, but i can't be bothered doing all that. i know what each wire is and what colours they are, but i can't find a good black (grounding) position, i kinda just wanted to know if anyone else has installed an aftermarket tach and how they did it..

cheerz

carl :dance:

earth wire - somewhere behind dash

i can't find "somewhere" in the wiring diagram?

attach the tach earth to any ground source, there's usually a main earth in the loom behind the dash, or to the negative of any other electronic thing. mine's attached to a screw in the metal part of my dash, which then earths through the body

i would try attaching the sensor wire to the negative of the coil first. it should work both ways, but the less interference you have with initial ignition voltage the better your spark will be

tach positive, try the 12v+ of the radio? failing that, get a manual and look at a wiring diagram for the dash cluster, it's likely got 12v going into it somewhere