Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boot Release Cable

Featured Replies

What am I doing? :y: I'm trying to install it but I don't have a clue where to start...

 

P1030636.jpg

P1030637.jpg

Edited by Mybowlcut

  • Author
The wire clips into the latch (Boot lid)

 

What else do you want to know??

I'm a dumbarse; I need it to be a bit more specific than that. :y: ... seriously. :y:
  • Author
I think I've written out several times on here how do attach it...

 

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=18881

Yeah, nah I read that. I figured how to do it just took me a while... Only problem now is where to thread it through to the boot. I haven't got the time to find a drill and drill it into place at the moment cause I'm going to Sydney tomorrow morning, but if I could just leave it loose under my seat and find a way to get it through to the boot (temporarily) I'd be happy.

 

I dunno how to take my back seats off but I'm guessing I'll have to? Is it hard to get them off? Also, when you open the boot, does the cable get in the way? Or did you fix it to the boot arm thingy?

Edited by Mybowlcut

Okay, well it goes under the back seat (Top and bottom, around the wheel arch) Under the carpet (remove the door sills and thread it along the sills together with the wires), Then next to the drivers seat (You may need to unbolt the seat or just the two closest bolts), then thread the release handle through the seats support rail and drill a hole to mount it. Then lastly cut a hole in the carpet for the release to poke through and place her back together.

 

What do you need to know about the fuel door??

  • Author
Okay, well it goes under the back seat (Top and bottom, around the wheel arch) Under the carpet (remove the door sills and thread it along the sills together with the wires), Then next to the drivers seat (You may need to unbolt the seat or just the two closest bolts), then thread the release handle through the seats support rail and drill a hole to mount it. Then lastly cut a hole in the carpet for the release to poke through and place her back together.
Ahh, I get what you mean with it going around the wheel arch. I've got that far (got it into the boot and popped it open - IT'S FRIGGON AWESOME! Haha...)... but I'm still wondering something... do you do it in the reverse order that you said? As in, wouldn't it be easier to thread the little sinker thing under the carpet, under the rails, around the wheel arch and into the boot instead of going in reverse with the actual release mechanism itself?

 

What do you need to know about the fuel door??
One thing... can I completely finish the boot release now and still do the fuel release later without touching the boot release? Because I suck at this stuff and the fuel release can wait until after Sydney. :y:

 

Thanks for selling me this! One more thing that I have learnt and can appreciate about my car. :y:

i have an electric boot release :y: god i love jaycar

 

they're pretty cheap too if you get stuck with the mechanical one

Yeah sorry, I just started with the boot cause thats what you showed in the pics :$

 

Yeah, I had one like that in my KE30 for months. The fuel cable just sat stuffed in my boot not connected to anything. Just do it when you feel like it.

  • Author
i have an electric boot release :) god i love jaycar

 

they're pretty cheap too if you get stuck with the mechanical one

How much did that cost?

 

Yeah sorry, I just started with the boot cause thats what you showed in the pics :$

 

Yeah, I had one like that in my KE30 for months. The fuel cable just sat stuffed in my boot not connected to anything. Just do it when you feel like it.

Awesome, will do. :y:

 

I got it all set up... sooo good. :y: It just has to be drilled into place... it's a tight fit... as in the cable is stretched quite a bit.

 

Ahh your thread with pictures is here...

Edited by Mybowlcut

  • Author
You have the boot cable connected to the boot lever right??
I'm pretty sure? :y: It's just that the handle thing or whatever (both the fuel and boot release levers) is not drilled onto anything it's just hanging there loose and needs to be drilled to something. Hopefully that's what you mean?
  • Author
Na, what I mean is the longer of the two cables should be connected to the boot latch. Is that what you have??
Haha yeah I know I'm dumb but I figured that part out! :y:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.