Are 3t-c Motors Worth A Damn?

Members dont see this ad
DDDDAMN, that sounds like my kind of car!!! With my luck, I would wind up dead or without a liscence in a week with that kind of power to weight...

CUCY, thanks for your .02, I think I'm gonna stick with the 3t-c for a while and see what she'll do. I like the idea of going fast with an old ass engine ;)

not a problem

and yeah....old school 'rolla rock =)

The guys in Puerto Rico do 8 second passes at the drag strip on 3T engines ! Old engine maybe, but like anything it can be made to make serious power.

CUCUY, welcome to the board, glad to have you here with us! We don't have a lot of 2T or 3T experts here just yet.

yup, the guys in puerto rico are fast. and yup, alot of power =)

Grimwolge> thanks and good to be here. not an expert, but very informed and an old schooler myself.

i drive a TE72 (1980 liftback) corolla with a 3TC.

mods so far area Doug Thorley header, maganflow round muffler with side exit before rear tire. gutted interior, ripped out A/C and readjusted carb.

future mods are going to be a set of dual side draft webers or mikuni's, complete overhaul of motor, new engle cam (EP25 grind), head work, roller rockers, forged pistons and connecting rods and mororso oil pan.

Nice ! what a setup. That should haul arse with a pair of webers on it.

Any pics?

right now motor looks like this

3tcbefore0oh.jpg

not actual picture becasue my car is left hand drive versus right hand drive everywhere else.

but i want it to look like this when i'm done

bling2ke.jpg

but all in due time =)

I hear that rotaries are pretty big in Puerto Rico too. If I was going to get rid of my 3t-c I like the prospects of a 13bt in my mango... You gotta love a motor that putts out over 200 bhp and is light enough to pick up without any help =) I know that you guys in Australia got Mazda Cosmos, have any of the old school toyota guys over there swapped in 20b's into their cars? Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing ;)

I hear that rotaries are pretty big in Puerto Rico too. If I was going to get rid of my 3t-c I like the prospects of a 13bt in my mango... You gotta love a motor that putts out over 200 bhp and is light enough to pick up without any help =) I know that you guys in Australia got Mazda Cosmos, have any of the old school toyota guys over there swapped in 20b's into their cars? Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing ;)

i'd stay with a 13B instead of a 20B for weight purposes and cost wise.

but you can still make more power and toruque with the toyota engine than the rotary.....IMO