Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 Wiper Speeds

Featured Replies

I'm sure my fellow KE30 owners have noticed the slow slow wiper speeds on these cars. I have yet to drive in the rain in my 30, but I don't really look forward to it if there is more than a slight drizzle.

 

My question: Is there anything that can be done about the slow speeds? Just a thought :laff:.

 

Cheers

Sian

It's probably the wiper motor worn. I'm sure my wipers used to go alot faster. Until they broke in almost torrential rain in Coffs. Then I replaced them with another set. Never been the same since.

Or maybe I'm just imagining it.

  • Author
It's probably the wiper motor worn. I'm sure my wipers used to go alot faster. Until they broke in almost torrential rain in Coffs. Then I replaced them with another set. Never been the same since.

Or maybe I'm just imagining it.

 

Hmm, actually I didn't consider that. Thank you sir, I'll look around for another one on Saturday.

Just to let you know... i'm not a sir

I don't have junk! lol :laff:

  • Author
Just to let you know... i'm not a sir

I don't have junk! lol :laff:

 

My sincere apologies madam. Assumption it seems is a dangerous thing.

It's not junk either. It's the best thing a guy could have. Hahaha. The baby gravy maker.

Yeah, but john.....i have always tried to avoid driving in torrential and heavy rain (hell even just rain) for this exact reason. I'm wondering if there's a wiper motor out there that is a bit faster than the stock item that would fit....hrmmm

:lolcry: If thats the case am I the only one that don't have issues with the stock speed??

 

My issues would be more the windows fogging up quicker than the stock demister can defog them.

I have HUGE issues with killer fog in my car.

I never had any problems with my wiper speeds until the driver's side one stopped mid-wipe in very heavy rain last year.

Now they're REALLY slow, and don't make it all the way down to rest.

Thinking about taking the motor to an auto electrician...

 

"It's not junk either. It's the best thing a guy could have. Hahaha. The baby gravy maker"

 

I didn't say it in a bad way (shifty eyes) lol

No offense but no! :y:

I don't think my boyfriend would be very happy about that :lolcry: :wink:

 

Anyhoo redke30, sorry about this hjacking, let us know when you fix the prob!

  • Author
Yeah, but john.....i have always tried to avoid driving in torrential and heavy rain (hell even just rain) for this exact reason. I'm wondering if there's a wiper motor out there that is a bit faster than the stock item that would fit....hrmmm

 

That's what I was thinking also. I guess later corolla ones are the best bet?

Yeah, I'd hazard a guess at the later model ones as they've had (broad generalisation) less use so less chance at f@$king up.

Maybe if you put a multimeter or something on them that might help? I dunno

No offense but no! :y:

I don't think my boyfriend would be very happy about that :lolcry: :wink:

Thats cool. I was just asking on Winks behalf. Seems he wants to get his gear off :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.