Gdday Guys Ima Newbie

dazza02

gdday boys my names darren I'm a newbie as u can tell thought id join da club. i got my P's about 7 months ago and hav got my self a blue 5 speed 1989 rolla. havent been able to do alot of work to it just yet but I'm slowly doin my best. when i first brought it, it was stock as but iv since gone out and brought black and blue seat covers custom steering wheel and gear knob, iv got custom foot petals but i can't get them on...i tired just couldnt do it tho, pioneer deck with kenwood 4" slits at the front and clarion 6 1/2" splits at the back running throught a 450w clarion amp, iv got subs on the way and looking for 16" wheels. iv also got a 3" crome exhust (sound pretty good i rekon) and also setting up window tint soon, iv got 4 muilty colour neons inside the car which flash differently to the music. After i get my wheels and tint I'm gonna look at body kits and hopefully paint it candy blue after all of that. ill get some pics on here for you to see how it is at the moment and if you have any ideas on what i could do...i defently need a better engine tho my bro is a machanic and told me to hurry up and blow this stock one up so we can put in a new engine and tune it for how i like to drive.

Edited by dazza02

Members dont see this ad
gdday boys my names darren I'm a newbie as u can tell thought id join da club. i got my P's about 7 months ago and hav got my self a blue 5 speed 1989 rolla. havent been able to do alot of work to it just yet but I'm slowly doin my best. when i first brought it, it was stock as but iv since gone out and brought black and blue seat covers custom steering wheel and gear knob, iv got custom foot petals but i can't get them on...i tired just couldnt do it tho, pioneer deck with kenwood 4" slits at the front and clarion 6 1/2" splits at the back running throught a 450w clarion amp, iv got subs on the way and looking for 16" wheels. iv also got a 3" crome exhust (sound pretty good i rekon) and also setting up window tint soon, iv got 4 muilty colour neons inside the car which flash differently to the music. After i get my wheels and tint I'm gonna look at body kits and hopefully paint it candy blue after all of that. ill get some pics on here for you to see how it is at the moment and if you have any ideas on what i could do...i defently need a better engine tho my bro is a machanic and told me to hurry up and blow this stock one up so we can put in a new engine and tune it for how i like to drive.

how you goin mate? welcome to the rollaclub good to see you on here everyones pretty friendly on here so any questions u got or anythin u got go for it :)

gdday guys sorry i havnt replied iv been sick the last few days don't know what brought it on. but yeah cheers for the weclome....I'm from gulfview heights in S.A. also engine wise my brother rekons i should put a rb20 in her after i screw this engine up n then we'll go from thier.... what do you suggest anything better or do you agree?

gdday guys sorry i havnt replied iv been sick the last few days don't know what brought it on. but yeah cheers for the weclome....I'm from gulfview heights in S.A. also engine wise my brother rekons i should put a rb20 in her after i screw this engine up n then we'll go from thier.... what do you suggest anything better or do you agree?

i would forget the rb20, wont fit no matter what you do, considering its a straight 6 :jamie: plus do a little more research into the AE9X chassis

my suggestion would be to use a Toyota motor, either a 4age, 4agze(factory supercharged), 4agte(same as the 4agze, just using a turbo instead of the s/c), or if want you slightly more displacement, i suggest a hybrid 7age(4age head, 7afe block), or 7agte (4age head, 7afe block, turbo)

Edited by MYSTIK

yeh i agree with mystik, funny thing? if your bro is a mechanic why would he be telling you an rb20 would fit into a 1989 corolla ?

but yeah sure anything would fit with a angle grinder and a welder but changing the vehicle front wheel drive platfrom to rear wheel drive would be labour intenseive

yeh i agree with mystik, funny thing? if your bro is a mechanic why would he be telling you an rb20 would fit into a 1989 corolla ?

but yeah sure anything would fit with a angle grinder and a welder but changing the vehicle front wheel drive platfrom to rear wheel drive would be labour intenseive

unless he ment sr20, but why would you bother when there have been a few AE9x corollas, into 13's/14's down the 1/4 that are daily driven, and some of those were really close to cracking 200kw at the wheels.

its amazing what people have been able to achieve with the 1.6 4age/4agze/4agte motors, and 1.8 7age/7agte motors :jamie:

• 2 weeks later...
also the comment about the sr20 and y would i want it in a everyday car.... y wouldnt i would b great :)

all i can say is go and do a little research on the 9X chassis, do some measuring(to see if the sr20 will fit), and work out the rough cost factor, then go and see transport SA and see if you can get it legal.

or you can go and buy a converted pulsar with an sr20 already in it, i know of a few that are currently up for sale and one of them runs 12's :)

all i can say is go and do a little research on the 9X chassis, do some measuring(to see if the sr20 will fit), and work out the rough cost factor, then go and see transport SA and see if you can get it legal.

or you can go and buy a converted pulsar with an sr20 already in it, i know of a few that are currently up for sale and one of them runs 12's :jamie:

haha nice...i dought it would be leagal but doesnt hurt 2 try ay? :P oh by the way iv finally got some pics up for you guys to have a look...like i said only just started with her I'm looking for som 16"- 17" rims now tho...can't have hubbies on just makes it look shit.