Gday Tacho

ke20red

ok rolla members before we all get mad about this topic i have searched everywhere all over the site and none the wiser ok my dillema is...

I have been given a tacho and i have hooked up the wires so when i put my lights on the tacho light will light up :y: and the iginition switches on but i havent actually got the tacho reving which is the problem i have a solering iron and wires ready to be hooked up what i gather is that i need to earth one wire then my question is does the other wire go to the distruber or what do i hook up that wire too any help would be much appreciated s i have been completely racking my brain for answers rolla members any help would be superb..

ps I'm running a 4k-c 1300 in a ke 20

cheers any help much appreciated

Edited by ke20red

Members dont see this ad

Hay mate just done mine today.

I have 5in autogage by autometer and hear is the wiring diagram for it.

1. white. wire to 12v dash lightling.

2. red. wire to 12v ignition switch (+).

3. black. wire to (-) on the battery or good engine ground.

4. green. wire to (-) on the coil.

O and if this isnt it try and google it or go to the manafacture's web site.

Sorry about the spelling and i hope this help's and hope its the same as your

cheers

Edited by shauns ke30

thanks thats alot clearer i have the ignition and light wires hooked up so just need one to

the battery or do you mean to earth it to the car? and the negative to the coil on the disturbuter..

Yeah all you need is to get a good earth on the car, and then the other wire left over goes to the negative (-) of the coil. :y:

just for simplicity and my race spec look I have one ground wire and one positiive wire running from my battery to multiple out terminals in the cabin, then I hardwire my accessories and get to use switches, in the past though I just grounded things to bolts inside the car or in the fireall..BIG bolts.