Turbo Swap On El31

Mr Wiggles

Members dont see this ad

Heya

I'm not a big fan of the CT9/12 but I believe they are interchangable, but personlly don't waste your money, save up for a T25/T28 and get a new manifold banged up ... now you can have a decent starting point on getting more power from your engine.

One person I strongly recommend you getting in touch with would be Stasi, he is building up a 3ETE and his put on a T28BB from the latest S15.

Somethings to watch out for when playing with your turbo etc... your fuel cut on the 3E is around 12.5psi, the ecu will have trouble at anything more... the thing is a lot of people I have spoken to have had little gains when using the stock setup for performance.

1, Front mount intercooler

2, Turbo + Manifold

3, larger injectors

4, ECU upgrade (something suited to older 4cyl turbo cars.. I don't know yet)

5, might want to consider internal work

The best place to get ideas from is EP70/71 owners who have worked their 2ETE's ... which are 'small block' 3ETE's.

Hope it helps,

Tom

P.S: Email extract from a starlet EP71 owner

WELL DUDE ITS LIKE THIS

I HAVE A 2ET

WITH FORGED PISTONS AND RODS

CUSTON INTAKE MANIFOLD

CUSTOM EXHAUST MANIFOLD

65MM THROTTLE BODY

SDS STAND ALONE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

CUSTOM TURBONETICS T3/T4 HYBRID 60-1 + STAGE 3 .36 TURBINE

BLITZ BLOWOFF VALVE

440 INJECTORS

SPEARCO INTERCOOLER

LIGHTNED FLYWHEEL

RACING CLUTCH AND PRESSURE PLATE

HKS WASTEGATE

FULL JACOBS IGNITION SYSTEM WITH TIMING CONTROLS

MSD FUEL PUMP 125 PSI

AEROMOTIVE REGULATOR

AKIMOTO HOSES

MSD BTM

I SQUEEZED OUT A LITTLE BIT OVER 315AT THE WHEELS ON 21 PSI

SO I FIGURE IF I USE THE 3ETE AND BOLT ALL MY STUFF ON IT I COULD MAYBE GET ROUN' 360

WITH A WHOLE BUNCH OF TORQUE MORE 

• 9 years later...

hi guys my names gareth and i just swapped my ute for a gp turbo can't find alot of info about these 3ete motors mines running really rough got a quote to fix it not to bad but i just don't know how much faith to put in these motors? would it be better to swap motor to a 4age or something about more sourced any info or point in the right direction will be appreciated. This is my forth corolla 2 sprinters and an ae82 twin cam thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi guys my names gareth and i just swapped my ute for a gp turbo can't find alot of info about these 3ete motors mines running really rough got a quote to fix it not to bad but i just don't know how much faith to put in these motors? would it be better to swap motor to a 4age or something about more sourced any info or point in the right direction will be appreciated. This is my forth corolla 2 sprinters and an ae82 twin cam thanks guys

Hey Gareth,

You're in unique position if you still have the 3ETE, as you can play around the E series toyota engines and basically make a 1.5ltr DOHC version of the 4EFTE - I don't know the exact details on how to do it, but I know you use the top end from a 4EFTE and leave the bottom end 3ETE.

Anyhow, it all depends on the size of your wallet! (and the time the car can be off the road).

As Andrew stated the 4EFTE is a straight forward swap - strong engine, a lot of options regarding parts.

4AG route - just look at Andrew's beast - maybe the fastest GP in Aust?

As far as I know, no one has done the 3E/4E swap using the 3E block - most use the paseo 1.5ltr and fight over the 3ETE fly wheel.

all the 5efte's are pretty crazy.

Or keep it stock, restore the car and keep it as a collectable.

The choice is yours!

P.S: It's great to see another GP owner on the board.

Also, if you decide to go down the route of swapping engines - try and keep the 3ETE, their pretty rare to find - I regret selling mine.

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

• 5 months later...