Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dash Resto

Featured Replies

So, because I like to do stuff myself, I'm going to fix my god awful dash.

 

Its going to be pretty much a strip down and rebuild, so my couple of quick questions are:

 

- Who can do vaccuum vinyl application for when I want to put a new cover on it? don't say any auto re-trimmer becasue I don't know any.

 

- Is foam a legal necesity? ie. smacking your head on a fibre glass dash is never fun. I don't think it is, just thought Id ask anyway.

 

- Any tips/tricks to instil on a young apprentice from a master/guru

There is a place up here in Brisbane called Dashboard Restorations. I had my dash done there. Apparently they have people posting dashes into them from around the country. They completely strip it back, refoam it and recover it. Last time I checked the service for a KE3x dash would be $400.

 

Check them out...

 

http://www.dashboardrestorations.com.au/

  • Author

yeah, they were the site that gave me the idea.

 

Was hoping for something a little more local, but if I get desperate I will prob just send it to them.

 

cheers mate

Really at the end of it postage isn't too much. If your shelling out $400 to have the dash fully rebuilt then an extra $15 both ways maybe isn't much. (I don't know what postage would be. Thats a guess) OR... If you get someone up here to purchase a dash like yours for cheaper than what postage would be to send one up, you can have them drop it in to be restored. Ten have them post it directly to you when done.

I don't know what part of the world you are in, but if you are near Melbourne, The Dashboard Doctor in Sydney Road Coburg did a great job on my daughters car and it was a lot less than $400. I don't think they are on the web but you could give them a call to see if they can help you out.

 

Regards, Frank.

So, because I like to do stuff myself, I'm going to fix my god awful dash.

 

Hey Original,

 

While I was looking around for Datsun 240z Dashes (I think one would look bloody awesome in a Rolla), I came across this forum,

which is about doing a DIY dashboard restoration. It has a really detailed post on how this guy did his. He says it is almost the exact same

method that the dashboard restorers like Dashboard Doctor and Dashboard Restoration use. All up It was around $100 and looks

absolutely stunning. Here's the link:

 

DIY Dashboard Restorations

 

Enjoy!

Vinnie

  • Author
Hey Original,

 

While I was looking around for Datsun 240z Dashes (I think one would look bloody awesome in a Rolla), I came across this forum,

which is about doing a DIY dashboard restoration. It has a really detailed post on how this guy did his. He says it is almost the exact same

method that the dashboard restorers like Dashboard Doctor and Dashboard Restoration use. All up It was around $100 and looks

absolutely stunning. Here's the link:

 

DIY Dashboard Restorations

 

Enjoy!

Vinnie

 

cheers vinnie, isnt the internet a small place? everytime i google dashboard restoration the datsun 240z site comes up which led to the site JiP mentioned, as well as others lol

 

i don't mind posting, as you say its probably under $20, as long as there is no local option. $400 is a bit steep, but it depends on the finish and trim options etc i guess

Edited by original

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.