Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Air Cleaner Troubles

Featured Replies

  • Author

I did a bit of work this arvo...

 

Autobarn convinced me to buy a catch can.

post-1158-1228556977_thumb.jpg

And I decided to upgrade the size of the air cleaner. They convinced to to upgrade to a better filter.

post-1158-1228557031_thumb.jpg

I moved the breather, cleaned her up and most importantly, tightened the engine mounts/replaced the missing bolt.

post-1158-1228557093_thumb.jpg

Jip are you sure it is running on 4 cylinders, sounds to me like the engine needs a compression test and tune up If its shaking so much that you can't keep air cleaners on it.

  • Author

I'm pretty sure it runs on 4 cylinders but not when it shakes the spark plug cables off. I think it was that one engine mount. I hope it was that engine mount. the only bolt holing it to the engine was lose. Either way, new mounts are coming Monday.

I'm pretty sure it runs on 4 cylinders but not when it shakes the spark plug cables off. I think it was that one engine mount. I hope it was that engine mount. the only bolt holing it to the engine was lose. Either way, new mounts are coming Monday.

 

the spark plug cables coming off will make the shaking worse it sounds to me like its time to do a tune up plugs tappets, points, compression test.

  • Author

Plugs were just replced. But at the rate that they corrode, they might be gone. I think that has to do with the amount of fuel the carby sends through.

Plugs were just replced. But at the rate that they corrode, they might be gone. I think that has to do with the amount of fuel the carby sends through.

 

What fuel Mix are you using?

i don't think it will be the engine mount causing you the problem, i had a mate with an old datto and the only thing holding his engine in place was gravity. i know my engine shakes a lot when the timing goes out or i have a problem with spark, ive always found it was the distributor *** things up

I did a bit of work this arvo...

 

Autobarn convinced me to buy a catch can.

Your kidding right.....

I made mine for a quarter the price

 

That air cleaner is almost as big as the motor lol

 

And i'm convinced autobarn knows when your about to turn up...... :P

Your kidding right.....

i'm convinced autobarn knows when your about to turn up...... :P

 

The cash register starts ringing when he comes through the door. :)

Yeah i remember things like that...

I'd be able to walk through the doors at the nambour branch "Hey rob hows the seca ?"

 

Now its a case of having to explain the whole life story of what my car is, how old it is, why i different parts on it, can they have a look at the car......

I have had this problem !!

I'm on my second aftermarket cleaner.

same thing happened with mine, snapped the carby rod, lost the whole lot.

there a prick of a thing.

if you find a solution please let me know

cheers :)

I'd daresay it's his engine mounts, you better have them replaced by the time I drop that manifold back off - I want to know how you did them :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.