Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Can I Do With No Money

Featured Replies

Since I've pulled my rolla off the road I don't know what to do with it...

It needs:

Rust removed

Paint job

FMIC

New Turbo

New AFM ECU

Suspension revised

 

..... so I'm thinking while I'm saving for parts.. I might start working on the body, can anyone recommend a DIY guide which they have followed and had good results?

 

(Or do you reakon just save up for a wreaked gt4? for the swap overs)

Edited by TOMsGPTurbo

go to tafe and do an auto body refinishing course, you'll learn to weld and paint properly, and you'll have access to a good mig and spraybooth, and maybe the class can use your car as a project :D

I'm no guru but in my limited experience i'd first sand back to bare metal around the areas i'd want to treat. Then grab a grinder and cut out the rust...personally i'd try to keep the cuts square as i'd find it easier to weld a new piece on that way. Grab a sheet of steel and cut out shapes similar to what you've removed from the car...but slightly larger. Position the new piece of metal on the inside of the panel and proceed to weld it to the body. Smooth over dags etc and prime

 

ok so thats my dodgy backyard tip...i don't know if this is right or not but its been a useful way for me to attack the odd, small rust spot here and there

 

with the overall paint job itself most of the $$$ is in the prep work...so if you don't want to spray it yourself i'd think about sanding it back, taping the glass etc to save a few bucks

 

I may be able to help with the fmic & turbo depending on what you're after:

 

ive just pulled my old fmic off my sprinter...its a calsonic & in good condition apart from a few stuff ups when it was fitted initally ie: a few more welds than normal but it works well...its more of an asthetic issue.

 

I also have a turbo...an ihi vf10 of a subaru liberty 60k excellent condition. I recently bought it to put on the sprinter but other ideas developed so I'm looking at offloading it to fund the new scheme

 

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/sharpens/turbo.jpg

 

i don't have a pic of the cooler yet but its coming

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.