All Japan Day 2009 - 26th April

cush

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone has ever noticed there is always heaps of room at most events at glenelg so why not everyone with jap cars have a crack.

Judging by last years inaugural turnout

2008.gif

We may be bursting at the seams this year.. :y:

a good or bad thing?

Reckon that comment was an add on from when he saw the Landcruiser. I must admit that it was a sight to behold. Sounded awesome too. I had a chat to the guy that owned it. I asked why he had cut the back off his Landcruiser. He said "just wanted too". He didn't even weld up the back doors. You could just open them and jump in. Funny stuff.

So the body was nice and stiff then!

banana car.

Hehe.... nah he had braced it from memory........ I know I checked it cos I had an old VG Val with the roof cut off so as soon as I see that sort of thing now I check to see how they have done it or indeed if. I can't remember where he had the bracing but I don't remember thinking "oh my god" either :P

"""Entry Requirements

All Japan Day is looking for cars that are built in Japan! This is a must, for obvious reasons!

To be an eligible entrant, your car could be:

a classic - the AJD team are urging all classic (pre-1985) Japanese car owners to drag your pride-and-joy out the shed, dust off the cobwebs, and bring it out for the day!

a modified car - we're looking for all kinds of cars, from light modifications right through to full track-spec cars

a "grey import" or one that was sold locally by the manufacturer

something that makes it SPECIAL - even a dead stock 1982 Corona is special if it only has 10,000km on it and still has the plastic over the door trims!

To be an eligible entrant, YOU will need to:

be at the event (with your car!) before 10:00am (gates will open at 9:00am), and stay until 3:00pm

have $10 with you to cover your entry fee on the day

control your right foot, both on and off the grounds - police will be in attendance

tidy up after yourself when you leave

be willing to chat to spectators and other entrants about your car, or have some information written and on display with your vehicle

follow all directions given to you by AJD staff on the day

When displaying your car:

no banners will be allowed - flyers will be allowed under windscreens (with prior permission from the AJD committee), and cars may have stickers advertising business es or products, but no other forms of advertising are permitted

no chains, fencing or anything else preventing spectators from getting close to your vehicle - if you want to keep your bonnet closed that's fine, but if you're that precious about your paintwork, you will need to decide if displaying your vehicle is worth the risk

no club displays will be allowed, and expect to be parked away from your mates - the aim of the day is to meet new people and respect what they've done with their cars, not hide away in a corner with your club mates

If all this meets with your approval, then we'd love to have you join us! Just click on the link, fill out the form and we will start the ball rolling!

Please note that, in order to control both the quality and quantity of entrants, All Japan Day is an invitation-only event, and acceptance of this application is solely at the organiser’s discretion. If your application is not accepted, you will be notified. Entrants will need to ensure that they read and agree to all event conditions as outlined on a separate document that will either be mailed to you or made available on this website, prior to attending the event.