Best Ecu For 4agze

j00lz

I'm doin some research and some shoppin round for an ecu, i need it for a 4agze that I'm puttin in2 my rolla, its pretty much standard, but has extractors, 2.5 inch sports exhaust n pod filter (not much really), in the future i want add boost controller and then bigger pully kit but for now just keepin standard but i need an stand alone ecu coz mines damned... i don't really know too much bout cars n specs n what not, i got a couple refered to me but could anyone gimi some feedback/info/opinion as to which is more suited??? would be much appreciated

Haltech The F10X Series

http://www.haltech.com.au/inde...id=16

MicroTech LT8s

http://www.microtechefi.com/mi..._id=3

i looked at Motec, the M400 seems sweet but they give no prices, anyone hav any idea on prices for Motec M400 or anything Motec u could suggest would work well and is not toooo expensive, round the 1000-1500 $$$ mark ???

cheer

Members dont see this ad

microtech is a decent computer and easily findable just do some research and find out, call a few workshops and get there opinions :y: , what are you lookin to get out of ur car is one thing you have to think about, is it going to be driven on the street or track!!! :y:

microtech is a decent computer and easily findable just do some research and find out, call a few workshops and get there opinions :y: , what are you lookin to get out of ur car is one thing you have to think about, is it going to be driven on the street or track!!! :y:

it'll be on the street really but id love to take it to the track for fun :D

i don't know much about computers but my mate used a microtech for his custom 22r turbo setup he did and he had no probs with it but wen i used to work at mercury motorsport in qld i found everything with a microtech never relly idled when it was cold so and i worked on like 5 cars with microtechs mayb an apexi fc comp if they make it 4 the 4a's

Microtech aren't that flashest ecu in the world. Just entry level gear that is fixed to 1 CAS type, and limited auxiliaries features. They're know for needing to be constantly retuned and pretty average fuel economy even when tuned very hard. If you're definite on an aftermarket, track down a tuner in your area you're willing to work with and find out what they get the best results with.

To be honest, unless you're going big cam's or a turbocharger, just run a factory ecu. You can get away with the upping the boost a bit, it'll keep it's tune, cold starts will be perfect and you'll get excellent fuel economy. Even better it'll save you $1000's on the ecu and tuning (mmm just think, koni's and custom springs)

BTW You can't use a boost controller on a supercharger, there's no waste gate to increase the boost.

Microtech aren't that flashest ecu in the world. Just entry level gear that is fixed to 1 CAS type, and limited auxiliaries features. They're know for needing to be constantly retuned and pretty average fuel economy even when tuned very hard. If you're definite on an aftermarket, track down a tuner in your area you're willing to work with and find out what they get the best results with.

To be honest, unless you're going big cam's or a turbocharger, just run a factory ecu. You can get away with the upping the boost a bit, it'll keep it's tune, cold starts will be perfect and you'll get excellent fuel economy. Even better it'll save you $1000's on the ecu and tuning (mmm just think, koni's and custom springs)

BTW You can't use a boost controller on a supercharger, there's no waste gate to increase the boost.

cool thanks, the real reason I'm lookin for one is because i bought the engine gearbox n wiring harness but the harness has been chopped near the end of it for some stoopid f@$kin reason n the sparkys gona hav2 make up all these wires up n it might take him days, where as wih an aftermarket its easier for him to wire it up plus we don't really know what condition the factory ecu is in.... its a jap import engine n gearbox from a levin w/ just over 114000 on them both, what u reackon the chances are of it being in shit condition, no way of telling ay???

cheers