A Heady Brew ...

yakkmeister

Indeed!

The main idea here was to ascertain the possibility of running a 4AFE head on a 4AFE block - which seems to be the case.

I think using 4AGE heads would be a tad silly regardless though... don't they run a chain drive on those? (be stuffed if I can remember ...)

G`day, just wanna jump in on the end of this because a while ago I asked for ideas on fitting a 4afe to a ke70. I was talked out of it because of the difficulty involved with the rear mounted distributor. Am I now to believe that it may be possible by changing to a 4age head on my 4afe block???? I`d still like to go ahead with the swap because a 4afe has to be better than a 4k any day of the week. Correct???

Thanks in advance.

Members dont see this ad

Yes the "g" head will fit on the 4a-f block. But, you'll need the crank mounted cam belt cog, the cam belt, the water pump (the only difference between them is a piece of metal), the belt covers and every bit thats bolted to the head including head bolts from the 4a-g to be able to use the "g" head on the "f" block. And depending on what pulleys are used on the water pump, alternator etc you'll also need the 4a-g crank pulley.

You could say that in a nut shell you'll need a 4a-g motor so that you can fit the "g" head to the "f" block.

And the "f" block also misses out on a few things externally - On the 4a-g intake manifold there's a support bracket that goes from the manifold to the block, the "f" block has the boss for it but its not drilled and tapped out. And most importantly the "f" block doesn't have the bosses drilled and tapped for the rwd mounts.

• 2 months later...