1j Into My Ta22

SLW42

hay everbody i know it may sound like i'm talkin thru my ass but this project is gonna happen i havn't got the motor as yet but i do have the car lol i will throw some pics up as it sits before i rip the twin cam out of it to make way for the 1J

post-7244-1234415720_thumb.jpg

post-7244-1234415727_thumb.jpg

post-7244-1234415732.jpg

post-7244-1234415749.jpg

Members dont see this ad

You're pulling a 2TG out of a TA22 and replacing it with a 1JZ? Why?

Oh, and have you actually measured things up to see if a JZ will fit? A TA22 bay is smaller and shorter than an RA23/28 bay, and they only _just_ fit in those. You'll most likely be looking at having to modify the firewall, and that's exxy (and not wise to do yourself if you're not competent)

You're pulling a 2TG out of a TA22 and replacing it with a 1JZ? Why?

Oh, and have you actually measured things up to see if a JZ will fit? A TA22 bay is smaller and shorter than an RA23/28 bay, and they only _just_ fit in those. You'll most likely be looking at having to modify the firewall, and that's exxy (and not wise to do yourself if you're not competent)

because the 2tgeu is playin games with me and i have been lookin at doing this conversion for ages!!!!

and were the front radiator support is just needs to be modified 2 fit it in which isnt really all that hard and i am compitent i have most of the nessacary skills to do most of it myself!!!!

because the 2tgeu is playin games with me and i have been lookin at doing this conversion for ages!!!!

and were the front radiator support is just needs to be modified 2 fit it in which isnt really all that hard and i am compitent i have most of the nessacary skills to do most of it myself!!!!

Why not return it to carby?

And like I said, measure things before you lock in the decision of a 1JZ. You'll most likely need to do more than just "modify" the radiator support, , and if you decide to do it that way you're going to have a big chunk of engine out in front of the axle-line, as opposed to sitting back if you recess the firewall.

What exactly are the plans for this car anyway? Drags, drift, burnouts, track, daily etc? I can only see one, maybe two options there where a 1JZ is actually a feasible and decent option for a xA23/28, let alone a TA22.

I just assumed that it was EFI after he said 2TGEU, which is the EFI version. Didn't bother looking back at the pictures

haha yeah that confuzes people when i say that because thats what the motor is called

i know they fit into ta22's with a little modifacation a mate has done one before

Edited by mr ae71

haha yeah that confuzes people when i say that because thats what the motor is called

i know they fit into ta22's with a little modifacation a mate has done one before

Get photos. Get tape measure. Do research. And knowing mates, there's a good chance it's actually a TA23/RA23 (superficially little difference, but actually major dimensional changes)

Edited by Hiro Protagonist