Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Springs On Earlier Ke70 ?

Featured Replies

Hi.

I have an earlier '79 KE70 Rolla.

I want to lower it but i have been told that there are no springs for it.

So what do you guys do ? Cut the springs ?

 

I have a TE71 for parts maybe i can fit the struts from it and put AE86 springs on ?

 

Thank you :dance:

There are Plently of springs for KE70's here in Australia. Obviously not so many in France or Malta. If you want to get some I'm sure you could find some for sale on here. Although shipping might be ridiculously high :dance:

 

Failing that, chops might be on the cards. Just make sure you get lowered shocks or something to keep them captive.

 

CHEERS

Ryan

Hi.

I have an earlier '79 KE70 Rolla.

I want to lower it but i have been told that there are no springs for it.

So what do you guys do ? Cut the springs ?

 

I have a TE71 for parts maybe i can fit the struts from it and put AE86 springs on ?

 

Thank you :dance:

 

 

Hey, always good to see overseas members post up!

 

The ae86 struts are a good upgrade, because there are many shocks available for them being that they have the bigger diameter. This will mean there are many springs available for them too.

 

In the back, you can have your standard springs compressed by a suspension shop, or you can have custom ones made. or you can use AE86 rear springs too.

 

As mentioned above, best and safest practice is to buy some shorter shock absorbers to make sure the springs don't fall out front or rear.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.