Half Painted Ae71! Gone!

Rola Drifter

very hot..... i wish i had 3 70's in my yard 07-nyahnyah.gif

thanks mate lol & yeh i wish they were all mine :D but unfortunately only the orange one is mine :|

Thats my old steering wheel lol......... paint looks good thumbsup.gif

& Yeh luke my mate josh came round & got it off you not to long ago. It's actually quite a nice wheel to drive with aye, & the car definately sticks out, we got so many looks while driving it home the other day :)

Tom

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok after a few days of frustration with my alternator not charging, i had found out from an auto electrical teacher at tafe, that i have a vn/vp commodore alternator on there & didn't realise an injector like plug that was missing :D so of course it wasn't wired in properly even though i thought it was lol

Now all thats left to do in the engine bay now is to set the ignition timing & she should be running like a dream :cool:.

Also picked up a little something from banzai this afternoon :D

post-2186-1236341605_thumb.jpg

Enjoy guys lol

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, not a whole lot happening as i've been a bit busy. Tomorrow i'm off to pick up a rear passenger window winder mechanism, front & rear bars from a fellow rollaclub member & hopefully start cleaning up my interior to get it ready & on the road when the bonus comes through in a couple of weeks.

I had a strut brace left over from my old project so i tidied up the rust on it & gave it a nice few coats of paint to suit the car :lolcry:

post-2186-1237111794_thumb.jpg

Also going to sand & paint my rocker cover in orange over the next few days to suit the brace aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty........Update is,

well i have swapped the orange ke70 with my girlfriends younger brother for his half sanded ae71 with a smallport 4age, loom & ecu. Today i had off & started to finish off sanding & painting some panels in primer.

Will update some pics when i get a chance but it's the half black 1 in the photo with 3 rolla's in it :(.

But as of today the orange rolla has gotten a rwc & will be on the road next week.

I know i said the orange ke70 was going to be my last rolla, but well technically it still is my last 1 because i didn't sell it then buy another 1. I just swapped for it lol

Anyways thats about it for now & i'll post up some pics of my progress soon.

Tom

:) i can't believe you swapped ur orange ksev! i love that colour. as heaps of other people have mentioned, it suits it. goodluck with ur painting that youre doing. i wish i had the money to re-do mine, i have a red ke70 but the clear coat is gone and the bonnet is orangey and faded. oh well!

Yeah i can't believe i sold it either.

Back in the day when i first met my partner i had a satin black 71 with a smallport 4age & it used to go really well for a stock smallport, i have missed it ever sinced i had sold it, so i guess thats why when the opportunity come up i was like "why the hell not" lol & this time seeing as i'm doing my tafe course to become an apprentice mechanic i would like to rebuild the little sucker & whack a turbo onto it so i can have that extra little bit of power to play with :)

So hopefully it will all be going to plan soon enough! At the moment i'm sanding it & just pressure packing it in the primer just so i can get it all back together & sorted out.

Cheers for the kind words.

Thanks mate, & yeah its coming along slowly.........It sux when the compressor i have doesn't have quite enough power to keep the orbital sander at full speed :bash:

But yeah, all that is left to sand & paint is the bonnet, roof, boot & to pull apart 3 doors & primer them. So it's not going to badly considering i been crook with the flu for the last 3 days :S

I've still got to figure out what i'm going to do motor wise, as i've still got the smallport 4age, loom & ecu, but as i found out last time round was that my old smallport ran out of power in the end.

So i'm leaning either towards a 20v or a later model 4agze converted to turbo or just to rebuild the smallport that i have with the stronger internals to handle a turbo strapped onto it :y:

Anyways thats about it for now lols

Cheers