Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Engine Affecting Radio

Featured Replies

Yeah my engine affects the radio... It sends these little ticks through the radio every "knock" of the engine (my engine is quite load). I've searched around a bit and everyone seems to say that this is because of bad wires. I'm just curious which wires I should check and what I should do to fix them.

 

Cheers.

  • Author

Cheers Justin. Roughly how much am I looking at? More of a minor inconvenience so if it's too much I'll just live without the station. :cool:

Pretty much just a capacitor, Filters the alternator output and smooths out any ripples in the output voltage.. just find another one off a spare alternator..

  • Author
Pretty much just a capacitor, Filters the alternator output and smooths out any ripples in the output voltage.. just find another one off a spare alternator..
Ok so I'm looking for a capacitor. Can it be off any Make/Model or?

Should be on the back of pretty much any alternator, some are metal casing, some are plastic, just goes to D+ on the back of the alternator or the B+ terminal..

  • 1 month later...

Do you have an upgraded audio system?

 

The "buzz" is AC voltages from the alternator.

If you have an amplifier, and its in the boot, you need to check a few things.

 

Please clarify what your sound system is made up with.

 

M3ODQ

  • 1 month later...

sometimes if a ground is bad you will get rev noises affecting your stereo. perhaps you could try re-attaching your ground somewhere else on the car. any part of the chassis is fine.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.