Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4 Agze Turbo

Featured Replies

I got a ae92 4agze with fmic now I really wanted to upgrade to an turbo what work would be involved and roughly cost as well to get it done?

 

If anyone could point me to a place that would do it in sydney would be appreciated.

 

thanks guys

Would the 4agte be a straight fit?

Should I just get the Motor or frontcut?

 

 

A 4AGTE doesnt actually exist, it is usually reffered to as that when someone replaces the supercharger on a 4AGZE with a turbo

  • Author
A 4AGTE doesnt actually exist, it is usually reffered to as that when someone replaces the supercharger on a 4AGZE with a turbo

 

 

So I should just replace the SC with a turbo,manifold,ECUand get the wiring done would that be it?

Or is there something else I should get?

thanks for putting me in the right direction.

So I should just replace the SC with a turbo,manifold,ECUand get the wiring done would that be it?

Or is there something else I should get?

thanks for putting me in the right direction.

 

If turbo is the way you want to go then that would definatly be the way to start

 

If you are running standard internals i beleive the 4AGZE can handle up to 14psi but if you want to go furthur than that you should be thinking about a full rebuild with much stronger internals

 

You should still notice a fair bit if difference with the turbo over the S/C anyway

  • Author

I definetely want to go turbo.

All I need to know is whether to get a Turbo and Manifold and dump pipe would be enough as I heard the stock ECU handles up tp 30psi? I got the FMIC already so that hopefully will save me the cost on the Cooling Pipes.

Plus now I think i got to get new piston rings as well.

 

You think I would push it to get it done under 1k?

I definetely want to go turbo.

All I need to know is whether to get a Turbo and Manifold and dump pipe would be enough as I heard the stock ECU handles up tp 30psi? I got the FMIC already so that hopefully will save me the cost on the Cooling Pipes.

Plus now I think i got to get new piston rings as well.

 

You think I would push it to get it done under 1k?

 

You would definatly pushing to get it done for under 1k unless you can do pretty much all of it yourself

Yes the std ecu will work but probably not to 30psi, 15 maybe

 

For a half descent 2nd hand or rebuilt turbo (t25 or t28) you would be looking at aroud $500 plus a cast manifold will cost you another $250 (keep away from stainless) Steampipe would cost even more. And you will no doubt have to at least alter your pipework and then you have dump pipe etc and then you have to get it tuned

 

I think if you sourced the parts yourself and then got someone else to install everything you would be knocking on the door of $2000

  • Author

I'm gonna do everything myself with a mate.

So now i just gotta source the stuff and time off work.

How long you reckon it would take if all the parts are together U think a weekend will be enough?

thanks Heaps Mate, u been great help,much appreciated.

If you and your mate know what your doing and get stuck into it then i don't see why you couldnt do it in a weekend

Most of it would be just un-bolting and re bolting. The time consuming parts would be fabbing the dump pipe and your I/C piping

 

Happy to help :D

One more thing

Should I be worried about the wiring,do I need anything extra etc?

 

I don't think so as your still running boost the only difference is where its coming from but i'd check on that with an auto elec before you start the work just to make sure :D

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.