March 11, 200917 yr comment_326584 I'm going to upgrade the computer system in my ae82 so I can eventually get bigger cams. Anyone know what type of money ill be needing to get one? its a 4age twincam 16 fwd also could someone tell me about extractors? should I just get extractors for now or go with the computer system first? Report
March 11, 200917 yr comment_326817 These computers can't be chipped. You can get a piggyback fuelling computer (various), or a separate ignition curve module (icon). Both are expensive and limited in capabilities. You can pay mega bucks occasionally for Jap tuning house modified ECU's on Yahoo. If you really want to go this route you need to invest in a local aftermarket computer with tuning capabilities and support. You can still install bigger cams with the stock ecu. Do a search on this as it has been covered lots. Realistically you can run about 270 degree duration (like me). It is unlikely you would go more aggressive than this unless it was a race engine (i.e. not a daily driver). If you get too silly with lift, requisite valve train mods can get expensive. Report
March 12, 200917 yr Author comment_327059 These computers can't be chipped. You can get a piggyback fuelling computer (various), or a separate ignition curve module (icon). Both are expensive and limited in capabilities. You can pay mega bucks occasionally for Jap tuning house modified ECU's on Yahoo. If you really want to go this route you need to invest in a local aftermarket computer with tuning capabilities and support. You can still install bigger cams with the stock ecu. Do a search on this as it has been covered lots. Realistically you can run about 270 degree duration (like me). It is unlikely you would go more aggressive than this unless it was a race engine (i.e. not a daily driver). If you get too silly with lift, requisite valve train mods can get expensive. thats all I needed to know, I'm gonna put it on hold until I get the body resprayed so I have a good base to work with, or a nice looking car for sale Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now