Ke 55 Disks On To Ke 10

phill

hi all i read through the faq but couldnt seem to see if ke 55 disks and hubs will bolt on to my ke 10

any help would be greatly appreciated

so yeah just wondering if any on e has done this and if they just bolt straight in also can i use the origanal master cylinder or do i have to upgrade to the ke 55 booster ? cheers

Members dont see this ad

FAQ link.

Read through "Upgrades for KE1x" and wherever you see ke30, substitute for ke55. Not totally sure on the backing plates, you may need ke30 ones.

They will work fine with the stock master cylinder.

If you upgrade to ke30/55 discs you will need to move to at least 13" rims. Stock 12" rims will hit the calipers.

yeah thanks man and the stud pattern is different

You need to use ke20 front hubs if changing from drums to retain the stock 4x110PCD.

Oh, and a note: This is a Forum, we don't charge by the letter so feel free to throw in some punctuation. Personally I feel if someone makes an effort to make there post clear, I'll feel more inclined to reply in detail.

Edited by Felix

You need to use ke20 front hubs if changing from drums to retain the stock 4x110PCD.

Oh, and a note: This is a Forum, we don't charge by the letter so feel free to throw in some punctuation. Personally I feel if someone makes an effort to make there post clear, I'll feel more inclined to reply in detail.

sorry i thought i was spelling corectly. I bolted the disk brakes on this arfrenoon and they bolted straight on i with the pcd i was talking about the rear studs that i would have to change to put all 4 of the same wheels on thanks for the advice it was greatly appreciated all i have to do now is hook up the brake lines ond bleed them.

also wondering what this will go like with the master cylinder and how much better they would be with the ke 55 brake booster thanks

sorry i thought i was spelling corectly. I bolted the disk brakes on this arfrenoon and they bolted straight on i with the pcd i was talking about the rear studs that i would have to change to put all 4 of the same wheels on thanks for the advice it was greatly appreciated all i have to do now is hook up the brake lines ond bleed them.

also wondering what this will go like with the master cylinder and how much better they would be with the ke 55 brake booster thanks

Phil, slow down mate .... with all your sentences running together I'm not sure I can work out what you're trying to say!!

I've read your post two or three times, making an educated guess - I think you're worried about your front wheels and your rear wheels having different PCD?

I'm not sure about this interpretation though as that link in the FAQ describes how to put KE3/5/7x on your KE1x without changing the PCD. It involves using a KE2x hub which is the same as the KE10 stud spacing.

If you are intent on going to the later stud pattern (KE3/5/7x etc), you'll need to replace your rear axles with modified items from a later car.

That's covered in the FAQ too: stud pattern

Felix posted "They will work fine with the stock master cylinder" earlier ... does that answer your last question?

Take time with your post and whack in some punctuation if you can - it makes it heaps easier to understand what you're actually asking, rather than having to make an educated guess! It may help to use the Preview Post button before you hit the Add Reply button. Sometimes it turns out that what you want to say isn't actually what others read! (Happens to me all the time :P )

cheers,

Slapper

Hi,

Was reading the FAQ article again my self and it says on the brake hose part attach the KE30 brake line from caliper to strut.

Does this mean for a conversion we use KE10 top hose KE30 bottom hose?

I am doing upgrade to KE55 brakes so do I again use KE10 top hose KE55 bottom hose?

Cheers

Cameron

thanks

in relation to the pcd i ment i will have to change the rear studs so i can fit the some mags on the back that i have on the front now i have the disks on. yeah sorry i was going a million miles an hour i was excited what do you expect thanks for all the info much appreciated i didnt use ke 20 hubs i used ke55 ones they bolted straight on no dramas.

how much better will the booster make the brakes run or will it be fine with the original bmaster cylinder ? cheers guys

a booster won't make the car brake any better it makes the pedal touchier and takes away pedal feel in a light weight ke10 it is easier to lock up the brakes in an emergency/surprise braking situation especially in the wet.

you wont get the later stud pattern on the rear of your car easily if you keep your current diff you will need to get the axles and drums redrilled to 4x114.3 a later diff is wider and will need the mounting points brake lines and handbrake cables modified to fit.

Edited by Felix