Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dyno Tuning Workshops? - Weber Expert Needed

Featured Replies

This time i'm after a Automotive tuner that knows DCOE webers like the back of their hand.

 

I had the Rotorolla tuned recently (at a Somerville workshop) and well.....i could have done a better job. Unfortunately the engineer is all booked in and the tow trucks are all paid for. So i'm anticipating it getting knocked back. So i'm getting things in order now to get it all sorted as quickly as possible.

 

So if you know of a reputable workshop preferably in the SE Melb region, please post up the details here. Somewhere in Moorabbin would be awesome.

 

Also if you know of a good exhaust place that does dB testing, post up the details here. Daalder in Dandenong is the only one I know of on this side of town.

Powerplay Automotive are very good apparently and are at Cheltenham - (03) 9584 7373

 

I have used Ace Carburettors in Clayton and he was also good. 03 9543 5686.

 

Allegedly the best in town are Thornbury Carburettors.. and I have also heard of someone called Manni Motors, but I don't have any details of either of them.

 

Hope that helps

I know it's out of your way but I'll second Thornbury Carbs. He rebuilt my weber.

  • Author
Powerplay Automotive are very good apparently and are at Cheltenham - (03) 9584 7373

 

I have used Ace Carburettors in Clayton and he was also good. 03 9543 5686.

 

Allegedly the best in town are Thornbury Carburettors.. and I have also heard of someone called Manni Motors, but I don't have any details of either of them.

 

Hope that helps

 

Been to Ace - Never Again

Mammi Motors fabricated my Rotary into my car. Had my car tuned there twice now. Not waiting for a 3rd strike.

 

I'll pay Powerplay a visit next week.

 

Its costing me a fortune in towing fee's as it is, so Thornbury isnt high on my list at the moment.

 

Anyone been to Carby Better in Moorabbin?

Have you tried Rank Rotary??

 

Address:

59 Roberts Ave

MULGRAVE VIC 3170

Melway Reference 79 J2

 

 

Phone:

(03) 9558 4422

 

 

LB

  • Author
Have you tried Rank Rotary??

 

Address:

59 Roberts Ave

MULGRAVE VIC 3170

Melway Reference 79 J2

 

 

Phone:

(03) 9558 4422

 

 

LB

 

Yep

$80/hr labour PLUS $120/hr Dyno Time

PLUS Parts

So its effectively $200/hr plus parts for a mechanic to drive my car on a dyno and change some jets.

 

They may have a good reputation but i refuse to pay that.

 

I had my 5K tuned up by them years ago when they were near Moorabbin Airport. Back then they were reasonable.

 

When i dropped into their new workshop a few months back, it was full of early 20 y/olds dickin around with what i assume was a customer car. Either way, bouncing the car off the limiter....."Check it out Uleh".....is no way to get me to trust them with my car.

 

Car gets inspected tommorrow, so I guess I'll get the good news that i have to quieten it down, and raise the car and tune it up as a bare minimum.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.