5k Twin Weber Jet Sizes Etc

leigh

Rightio I have twin 40mm webers on the side of my 5k, just trying to find out what jet sizes I need etc!

Motor has, balanced bottom end, mild cam, high comp pistons, double valve springs, ported head

They seem to have 27mm chokes in them at the moment!

Any ideas?

Cheers Leigh

Members dont see this ad

May be worth a trip to Mr Sherrif for a dyno tune buddy. He just solders up the existing jets and drills them to suit.

When I got the carby turbo kit tuned he charged me about $260 but there were a few other things to do as well as tuning. :dance:

May be worth a trip to Mr Sherrif for a dyno tune buddy. He just solders up the existing jets and drills them to suit.

When I got the carby turbo kit tuned he charged me about $260 but there were a few other things to do as well as tuning. :dance:

Ahh I see! I just went to see him about and hour ago and never told me anything about that haha! All he said was make sure its semi driveable before it gets there so I don't waste his time! :)

Just didn't know if my carbs which i think may be off a 2ltr would semi run on the 5k?

Ahh I see! I just went to see him about and hour ago and never told me anything about that haha! All he said was make sure its semi driveable before it gets there so I don't waste his time! :)

Just didn't know if my carbs which i think may be off a 2ltr would semi run on the 5k?

Yeah you'll be able to get it going well enough to drive it to him for a dyno tune. Will just be a matter of leaning her out a bit and making sure each throat is at least sucking the same amount of air.

While I think of it have a search for something along the lines of "home made carby equaliser" on here as somebody put up a how to of making a simple one with some hose and coke bottles.

I'm more than happy to come have a tinker with you to get her running. :dance:

Home made manometer's are pretty easy to make, just some clear tubing and some garden dripper fittings (tees, elbows, joiners etc) should do it.

I've http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16200!

That's the long and short of it. I never actually got round to doing it, I went to set my dellortos up and balance them with the prescribed method, but discovered my particular model doesn't have the individual throat air bleed circuit, they must have been matched at factory!

Hardest bit will be getting fittings to suit the actual measurement ports on your carbs (mine are dellortos, not sure what Webers have) I went to SMC Pneumatics and they had the right fittings.

TP.

Hi, this is what I have in my worked 5k with twin webers which brad sherriff did for me. Emulsion tubes are F7, Idle jets are 55 F8, Main jets I'm not sure on. I do have a weber workshop manual. With my redline linkage kit the instructions actually had what jets to use for a 3k and 4k standard and race engine. So I will have a look for that tomorrow and post up the specs. By the way it cost me $740 to get my webers dyno tuned, $350 was for jets. :dance:

I managed to find out what my webers had in them before I got them tuned, they ran ok for me to drive down town. Was a bit to much fuel for the motor though. Chokes 32, main jet 120, emulsion tube F15 now F7, air correction 170, idle jet 45 F9. Will get other specs of linkage kit tomorrow as previously mentioned. :dance:

I managed to find out what my webers had in them before I got them tuned, they ran ok for me to drive down town. Was a bit to much fuel for the motor though. Chokes 32, main jet 120, emulsion tube F15 now F7, air correction 170, idle jet 45 F9. Will get other specs of linkage kit tomorrow as previously mentioned. :dance:

Ah cheers for that Mark! Do you have any other modifications to your 5k? or is it pretty much stock?

Ill look into that tuning device to! But fingers crossed it will be semi driveable so i can run the motor in!

Cheers Leigh

Oh yeah putting linkage kits together is fun!!! Reminds me of lego haha

My 5k motor is bored out, flat top pistons, shaved head, mild cam, port n polished, electronic ignition and I have to run ultimate petrol as it has high compression.

cheers, Mark

And it goes fast and sounds prime!! Best sounding motor around I think! Tho I do like Si's gilmer belt mmm whine

Thanks! Will have to listen out for you soon when you drive past with your 5k motor. ;) ;)

I have another 5k motor getting the works done to it, so then I can put it in my 55. It seems that both you and I have the same coloured ke55's with tinted windows and now we both will soon have 5k motors, It's just that mine is a sedan and your's is a coupe. :D :lol:

• 3 years later...