Alternator In A Ke11

Rolliac

Has anyone changed the alternator in a ke11 from the external to internal regulated type?

There is an extra wire going to the regulator compared to other KE’s (I think) which is for the “Turn Signal Flasher”

I understand that when changing to internal type reg the Charge Warning Light wire runs straight to the alternator but I don’t know where to put the Turn Signal Flasher wire.

Could I just join it to the Charge Warning Light wire and to the alternator?

post-5552-1240213208_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
Thanks a lot for you help.

So could I also run the Turn Signal Flasher wire to the D+ terminal or where would you recommend for 12v?

+ve side of your ignition coil, or any other wire inside the cabin that comes live when you turn your ignition switch on..

It is probably Tee'd in somewhere already, I don't think removing the external regulator will effect it..

if you remove the external regulator on the left hand front of the car and strip the wiring back to the right hand side you

end up with only 3 wires into a plug. They are then modified to fit your new alternator one for your dash light (yellow/white)

and one from your accesories to charge the rotor in the alternator (White/red) and the Black/White runs to your starter solenoid

which is left untouched. Hope this helps.

post-1238-1240216931_thumb.jpg

They are then modified to fit your new alternator one for your dash light (yellow/white)

and one from your accessories to charge the rotor in the alternator (White/red)

So did you just connect these both to the D+ on the alternator?

Thanks heaps for your help.

I’m a noob when it comes to electrics.