Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Extractor Design Theories.

Featured Replies

KEI069: nice info, did you look at link I posted?

Damn, THATS handy to know :hmm:

 

Thanks

Wow thats awesome! Would you have any before/after dyno sheets of your extractors for curiosities sake?

 

Unfortunately i don't have any dyno sheets, it has been a cuople of years since ive made extractors

but i was working closely with the Alfa club backe then when i came across this information.

The Alfa guys started a budget race class for members where only early Alfa boxers and

Alfettas with the 1.5 litre flat four engines were used and only modifications allowed were

intake/exhaust and suspension/tyres, to try keep it fun and competitive and most of all cheap.

We had two cars running 4-1 design pipes using the formula and four cars using 4-2-1 design pipes

using a slightly modified version of the formula. The rest of the exhaust sytem was the same on all

cars which was 2" with one straight through muffler and a resonator. Both cars with the 4-1 pipes

were the leading cars during most races (when other problems didnt arise)

 

I'm not saying this is the only method just one i found that seem to work very well. Another industry

guru is DiFillipo who also supports this theory or similar and he does do a lot of dyno work.

 

All the best guys, i hope the info helps someone a little at least.

cheers

Justin

Justin when that was tried where the primary pipe lengths the same between the 4-2-1s and the 4-1s?

 

also keep i mind that every engine behaves different, like the example I gave earlier with the 3sge engine earlier. Either way it would of been pretty interesting to see the results.

 

I forgot to mention I know of two people who have tried going from 4-1s to 4-2-1s and they picked up a stack of power in the mid range. I want to see this for myself and I have a set of futisubo extractors that I will try out and compare to my own 4-2-1 pipes.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.