Classic Winton.

KEhendo

Members dont see this ad
I'm going up just for the Sunday, not in a Toyota though. Apparently some of the classic celica guys will be at the end of the front straight.

yeh, come say hi. i'm going to be over with the celica boys for the day.

i've just spent today prepping it to a presentable level. i have put the 12's back on it and given it a good clean. :rolla:

It was a great day. Gorgeous foggy panoramas on the way up in the morning. Beautiful weather all day, though a bit chilly later in the arvo. Oh, and some nice cars too.

Kehendo snapped up the spare pass I had so good it didn't go to waste.

Highlights? All the bike racing, especially the side cars. There is something about old bikes, and all the biker guys seemed to be getting on particularly well together without any sheep station racing. The final group Nb race especially between the mini's and the mustangs was awesome. The Delage in the carpark, what a stunning creation. The castrol R scent as always, particularly contributed to by some very smoky bikes, and also by an amazing 6litre Gypsy Fiat (I think). How they ever raced those old machines in the 20's boggles the mind. Oh and good to see after all these years, a winton steak sandwich is as good as ever.

Lowlights? Kehendo's KE20 wasn't let in to the club display, mind you the guy parking his ferrari in the carpark next to me didn't look too happy about it either. A couple of bikers looked to get fairly seriously hurt in an accident. And in the last race, a Cortina got destroyed by an EH. Almost total absence of anything Japanese. An RX2 and a Datsun 1600 showing well in the racing. A couple of TA22's, Datsun sports and a Prince GTA was about it in the paddock. There was a K engine in one of the old formula 2's though. And I forgot my camera.

All up a great day.