My Ae86

Timmeh

It's just a standard ADM AE86, bought it off ebay for $1500. It needed the left quarter panel welded back on and other bits and pieces to make it drivable.

My dads mate went and picked it up for us cause he had a month of work and wanted something to do (win for us)

Ended up getting it November last year and it was on the road late January this year. We had some trouble with the gearbox/engine but finally got it fixed.

The 4-AC we had in it went through oil faster then petrol and blew a lot of smoke.

Now it has got some black 14x6 Superlites on it and we got a replacement 4-AC and rebuilt the engine and replaced the head with a stronger one.

It runs perfect now, has a nice sound too. Before my old 4-AC barely made it too 6,300rpm in first gear. I haven't really driven the car hard yet with the new engine but in first gear it did get up too 7,100rpm and was still going harder but I eased off. No idea if this is good or not for a 4-AC since I've only driven two 4-AC engines..

Was going to 4-AGE it but this engine is reliable so now we are planning out some modifications for the engine (Weber carb, extractors, new cams, etc) nothing too major though.

Finally here is the picture progress since I've had it. Hope you enjoy my ride :rolla:

Image024.jpg

Image028.jpg

Image029.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image024-1.jpg

Image027.jpg

Image003.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image005.jpg

IMGP0622.jpg

IMGP0624r.jpg

interior.jpg

IMGP0659.jpg

front.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 year later...

Haven't updated this in a long time. I have pretty much finished with this car. Still all stock but now rolling on some SSR's. I now also have a red one which I am building up and putting a 4age in which should be sweet.

Pics:

tumblr_lb2tznHLHC1qd84xto1_500.jpg

tumblr_lb2uais3oD1qd84xto1_500.jpg

tumblr_lb2uexPoIx1qd84xto1_500.jpg

• 1 month later...