Ae92 Rolla Dash Cluster

Sirolla

I currently got a se model rolla which i would like to replace with the sx dash that has the tachometer in-built in the dash.

Just wondering if the sx dash cluster would be a simple swap over for my standard one.

Thanks for any help.

PS. Would any one have a spare or would know where i could get one?

Daven.

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

the sx cluster will fit in any model ae92. they have the same fitting parts. however its a wire job and also a bit of a fiddle with stuff.

for example, you will need to change the oil sensor to a guage one...$80 new from toyota.

also the clock will need to be wired up to the accesories so obviously it doesnt flatten your battery and it still operates whilst your radio does.

no I'm including a diagram here but don't be afraid because i would think that both a csi model and se model would have the same plugs and coloured wires.

*i could be wrong tho*. I'm doing this to my cs corolla too.

its hard to find one, i tell u that now, and u need all the plugs with it too and some wire long enuf to know wats what coming out of the back

Diagram:

WIREDIAGRAM.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

how about the one that doesn't have the extra gauges in the centre console? The exact same as my dash, tho the fuel and temp replaces the door light and toyota logo while the speedo remains where it is and the tacho next to it.

Is this not an sx cluster? The one you have there is a Csi limited model one also appears in secas.

I'l post a pic if i can find one of what the cluster looks like.

Other than that, thanks for your help and the diagram insalubrity_macca. :jamie:

oh and just for the record... *MOD* i have a word document with heaps of info and pics in it about this as well. (how can i upload it?)

mate the cluster ur refferring to is the same as mine. It has from left to right 4 guages. Fuel, Speedo, Tacho and Temp.

Image016.jpg

SX CLUSTER:

turborollaguages2.jpg

(u can't see all the guages...def is sx tho coz speedo goes higher to 200 and theres the battery guage instead of the light and the tacho goes to 9,000rpm etc etc etc)

And ur old one is an SE model which has...from left to right...the toyota logo, speedo, fuel and temp and then door open ...right?

And you want to swap ur SE cluster for a CS one? or CSI? (which are the same)

Edited by insalubrity_macca

Bingo! mine is the one that u've described with the logo, speedo, fuel, temp then the door open light.

yeh, i want to swap it with the one that you have on your rolla. Not the sx one. the first pic in ur post.

is that a spare one by any chance you have sitting on your roof? :jamie:

haha, if i'm in sydney...

too bad you'll find me posting in the NT section alot. ;)09

if someone wants to help me to find one and maybe post it to me, i'll be happy to throw in a few extra dollars....

BTW, does anyone know if those clusters come together with the wiring loom, etc. from the wreckers?

Thanks.