I Need A Ke70 5speed To Do A Manual Converison To My Ke55??

Evan G

was reading on here, a guy got all the parts from ke55 to do a manual conversion to his ke55 auto. and the shifter didnt line up? he tried with the ke70 box and it lined up nicely?

is this correct?

need a ke70 box to do a manual conversion to my ke55?

advice and info pleaseeee

thanks

evan

Members dont see this ad
was reading on here, a guy got all the parts from ke55 to do a manual conversion to his ke55 auto. and the shifter didnt line up? he tried with the ke70 box and it lined up nicely?

is this correct?

need a ke70 box to do a manual conversion to my ke55?

advice and info pleaseeee

thanks

evan

Wrong!

KE70 and KE30-55 five-speeds are exactly the same, except the only difference being the extension housing has the shifter position in a

different spot. A KE30-55 extension housing has the shifter position JUST off the middle (closer to the rear) of the extension housing, where

the KE70 has the shifter position almost at the very rear of the extension housing.

If you were to fit a KE70 extension housing gearbox to a KE55 the shifter would stick up about 20-30?cm back from the shifter hole.

NOTE: The extension housings are interchangeable between KE70 and KE30-55 to suit the car.

First pic is KE70 shifter position and 2nd is KE55 shifter position (took 45 mins finding it :yes:)

post-6047-1243827444_thumb.jpg

ke55spares03.jpg

The ke70 5-speeds have a slightly larger internal diameter bellhousing :hmm: . I found this out when I bolted up a ke55 5-speed to a 5k motor and it wouldn't go all the way onto the back of the motor (I was using the 5k flywheel and clutch though which is slightly larger).

So all I did was put on the 4k clutch and flywheel and it bolted up perfect. :yes:

and yes the ke70 5-speed has has the shifter positon a little further back. :y: also beng a ke55 auto, the floor pans are different then a manual ke55, so you will need to weld the auto gearbox crossmember to the manual ke70 one, so that you can bolt it in. :yes:

So the answer to your question is yes, if converting a ke55 auto to a 5-speed manual then look for a ke70 5-speed box as the gearlever will come through the hole in the floor in the right spot.

Cheers, Mark. :y:

Edited by ke20rolla

The ke70 5-speeds have a slightly larger internal diameter bellhousing :hmm: . I found this out when I bolted up a ke55 5-speed to a 5k motor and it wouldn't go all the way onto the back of the motor (I was using the 5k flywheel and clutch though which is slightly larger).

So all I did was put on the 4k clutch and flywheel and it bolted up perfect. :yes:

and yes the ke70 5-speed has has the shifter positon a little further back. :y: also beng a ke55 auto, the floor pans are different then a manual ke55, so you will need to weld the auto gearbox crossmember to the manual ke70 one, so that you can bolt it in. :yes:

So the answer to your question is yes, if converting a ke55 auto to a 5-speed manual then look for a ke70 5-speed box as the gearlever will come through the hole in the floor in the right spot.

Cheers, Mark. :y:

bloody legend mark thank you :y:

• 4 years later...

you can use a 5speed k50 gear box fitted in Toyota Carina 3A engine.same gear box,but bell housings are different(like KE70 series rear end gear shifter type). If u have a creative mind you can change it as u wish.because i was did that!

first of all you should find a K50 gear box from Toyota Carina 1,452 cc 3A-U I4 (AA60),1,486 cc 5K-J I4 (KA67V),1,587 cc 4A DOH C I4 (AA63)

very easy.their are in touching area.

ha ha......same input shaft,same clutch assay,same output shaft,same sliding joint.same height,same gear ratios as KE30/35/50/51/55 K50 gear box.

then remove your old 4speed K40 gear box.

after that you should remove your engine plate between engine and gear box and feathers.

set the plate and feathers to 3A K50 gear box.

then drill holes on bell housing.

cut the body for gear shifter attaching.

drill 3 holes in cross member for mount.

then fit the engine plate,fly wheel,clutch,pressure plate with clutch cover.

after all you may fit your new gear box.

enjoy the job!

sorry for bad English!