4 Speed Will Line Straight Up In The Ke55 Auto?

Evan G

i went down the wreckers today. NO ke70 5 speeds and found nothing but 2 ke55 4 speeds.

QUESTION,

will a 4 speed out of a ke55 line straight up to my ke55 auto without modification??? and manual cross member out the donor will bolt in?? and shifter will line up????

thanks in advance

Evan

Members dont see this ad
Mate, I noticed you're from epping. have you tried Toyrolla? There's also a toyota wrecker in Thomastown.

If not you should be able to get one from Peter Robinson if you're willing to drive out to Oakleigh.

Check out ke20rolla's thread for the conversion.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=25991

toyrollas are f@$king shitʇ~~ɔs, they quoted me 500 for all the parts needed for a manual conversion, i rang the toyota place in thomo and they said 250 and we will have it out?

seen my old man driving a overrated ke55 around :yes:

Saw a nice one on High St last week. Broke down and the bloke cracked the shits and pushed it off the road then let go of it.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA I'm 99% sure that was when my old man ran outta juice and my brother came and pick him up

creme ke55?

toyrollas are f@$king shitʇ~~ɔs, they quoted me 500 for all the parts needed for a manual conversion, i rang the toyota place in thomo and they said 250 and we will have it out?

Well, it's called supply and demand. They have the goods, you obviously can't track down what you want, therefore you cough up the price. Do you want to do a 5 speed conversion or not? If yes, pay money. If no, drive a sludge-o-matic, or bleed from the ears with a 4 speed.

They can ask whatever price they feel like. If you don't pay it, they'll sell it to someone else. It's called business.

If it's all that much of a problem, sell it and buy a manual one.

Now, on with normal programing........

Edited by Redwarf

Well, it's called supply and demand. They have the goods, you obviously can't track down what you want, therefore you cough up the price. Do you want to do a 5 speed conversion or not? If yes, pay money. If no, drive a sludge-o-matic, or bleed from the ears with a 4 speed.

They can ask whatever price they feel like. If you don't pay it, they'll sell it to someone else. It's called business.

If it's all that much of a problem, sell it and buy a manual one.

Now, on with normal programing........

i ring them 2moro see how much they want for a 5speed box on its own,

question,

4 speed and 5 speed clutches/flywheel/fork all the same??????

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA I'm 99% sure that was when my old man ran outta juice and my brother came and pick him up

creme ke55?

Thats the one. Out the front of beaurepairs.

Yes, clutches. forks & fly wheels are all the same

Edited by colonel

As i said in another thread (possibly yours) the manual and auto crossmembers are diffrerent as is the cross member position.

Auto X member has 4 small bolts whereas manual Xmember has 2 big ones

Auto X member is further back than the manual one.