Ae92 Rolla With Shaved Door Handles

Hows every1 goin? I'm in NSW and I'm trying to get some information into the legalities of shaved door handles. To start the car has a remote central locking system fitted. For the moment i have shaved off the RH/R door handle and I fabricated out of a very tough wire, a hook attached the the door mechanism, that rises out of the weatherstrip at the back of the quarter window.

When u push down the door opens and has a strong return spring so the hook returns. I need to find out every angle eg (Engineering, other peoples experiences) so i no wheather to continue on with my customisation

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

hi there iam currently doing the same thing to my ae82 and i have spoke to the rta and an engerneer and my local blue slip guy and they have all said it was fine and didnt need engernering as long as it had a mechanical openig system not electric so i have done exactly what you have said but i have already done all the doors and showed them to my blueslip guy and he was happy to pass it as it was hope this helps

Yeah?!!! I spoke to the local mechanic that does the registration on my vehicles and said that as long as it has a mechanical & not an electrical opening system that it shuld b sweet. He said that i need handles for the shear purpose of having an accidnet. But if what you have said is 100% from the RTA then i guess I'm sweet, hey?? This all come around from the mini truck scene and thought i wuld spice up a rolla.

This has really made my day!

Cheers

Yeah?!!! I spoke to the local mechanic that does the registration on my vehicles and said that as long as it has a mechanical & not an electrical opening system that it shuld b sweet. He said that i need handles for the shear purpose of having an accidnet. But if what you have said is 100% from the RTA then i guess I'm sweet, hey?? This all come around from the mini truck scene and thought i wuld spice up a rolla.

This has really made my day!

Cheers

Pics anyone

He said that i need handles for the shear purpose of having an accidnet.

Because the Paramedic coming to rescue you from your burning wreckage is going to know exactly where to find your well concealed, discreet little popper mechanism!

Gold.

Because the Paramedic coming to rescue you from your burning wreckage is going to know exactly where to find your well concealed, discreet little popper mechanism!

Gold.

What if the door is locked on a normal car????? They go through the window, lol. I don't see the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...