Dyno Result

grindley4

Had a power run done on my car,the final result was 127.5kw@185km in forth gear.

my first question is why doesn't it tell me what rpm it was at when that figure was made.

what sort of power should i be making. Its a 4agze with a Garrett Gt28 turbo, microtec comptuer

and a front mount intercooler.

i am running 12psi

Edited by grindley4

Members dont see this ad
Had a power run done on my car,the final result was 127.5kw@185km in forth gear.

my first question is why doesn't it tell me what rpm it was at when that figure was made.

what sort of power should i be making. Its a 4agze with a Garrett Gt28 turbo, microtec comptuer

and a front mount intercooler.

i am running 12psi

Sounds about right.

If you have a brain you can use the info about the speed to calculate engine rpm, going by what gear you were in and what your final drive ratio is.

If you had asked your tuner for a printout with different variables on the axis of the graph such as air fuel ratio, rpm, torque etc.

What breed of dyno did he have? Ive used dyno dynamics before and always got a printout.

Most Ive seen with a similar setup to yours will peak power between 6300 and 6700.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

It should tell you road speed on your printout. If you know your diff ratio you will be able to work it out yourself.

Just because it doesn't tell you the RPM doesn't mean it's a dodgy dyno.

how do i find that out? the motor and box are out of a ae101 front cut.

Now ask yourself the question - if you don't know your ratio's, how do you expect the dyno man to know them?

:y:

Although they I would have thought they have a tacho pickup for the Dyno computer anyway,

Edited by philbey