Monster Tacho Shift Light Problem

Evan G

I recently bought a 5 inch autometer monster tacho from a workmate, I installed a couple days ago and found a problem with the shift light,

as soon as I hit set (4000 rpm) the needle flicks up to (7000rpm) till rpm below set is reduced

I thought I soldered the wires for the shift light backwards, I swap the wires around and still the same.

I opened the tacho up a while ago to paint it and found 3 wires just hanging in there? but they had eletrical tape on em? maybe there earthing on the casing????

any thoughts or comments will be greatly appreciated

Evan

Edited by Evan G

Members dont see this ad

Not too sure what your problem is but thought I might add something that could help when trying to fix it.

When I was using one of these to trigger my "Home made rev limiter for carby cars" I discoverd the shift lights are pull to groud, not powered trigger. This means the light always has power connected to it, and the tacho earths it out to make it work. Simple thing but can make a bit of difference with wiring. :wink:

Not too sure what your problem is but thought I might add something that could help when trying to fix it.

When I was using one of these to trigger my "Home made rev limiter for carby cars" I discoverd the shift lights are pull to groud, not powered trigger. This means the light always has power connected to it, and the tacho earths it out to make it work. Simple thing but can make a bit of difference with wiring. :y:

ahk i getcha, thats the problem i wanted to make the rev limiter like u posted but the f@$king shift light doesnt work :wink:

question for ya's what do you wire the shift light up to?? is it iust a power and earth supply?? cheers :sob:

yea theres 2 thick black wires for the shift light, yes power and earth