Rebuild Carby Kit 3k 4k All The Same?

hey guys picked up a carby kit to rebuild my 3k carby, it doesnt have a vaccum diaprahm or the 1inch pipe that looks to run off the side like some of the 4ks ive seen. The kit is a AN-107 fuel miser set. Will this kit be sufficent for my carb has anyone used it before? Any tips with jets i remember superjamie saying he lathed out the primary throat anyone had luck with that? Cheers lads

Members dont see this ad

Why on earth would he say the model number was no use to him?

I got talking to the dude at REPCO and he pulled out the Fuel Miser book. There was a few different but very similar carbs for the 3k and 4k. It has diagrams of the gaskets for the different models.

One indication was the amount and position of the screws on top of the carb. You can match it to the diagrams.

I think it’s worth making sure you get the right one. I had to take one back coz it wasn’t correct. Lucky they know me at my local REPCO and spend the time finding the right parts for my KE10.

• 2 weeks later...

You get them at every parts place...... the ones that go "no i don't need to know the model number" and also the ones that don't need to look things up to automatically know they don't have them.....

Open the pack neatly so you can put it all back in and return it should it be the wrong kit.

to the best of my knowledge there are two variants on carburettors, one has two identical sized butterflys and is mechanically actuated secondaries, the other has vacuum secondaries and the secondary butterfly is bigger. But I could be wrong, I mean its like toyota to bring out twenty million variants on three models!!

Robert.