Over Fueling Or Miss Fireing

stx-16

well it is a 4k shift kitted auto (i know its a 4k and auto i know its shit)

the other day i found a huge gravel pit so i done a few loops and stuff about 40mins after that it wouldent let me get passed 110kmph or about 80 going up hill and sounds like its over fueling or miss fireing and it sort of jerks and pulls back a lil bit i have checked the spark plugs, rotor cap/button, points, leads in that order

how do i fix this??

can some one please help me

Members dont see this ad

mine started doing the same thing, and for some reason mainly when its colder.

perhaps its not overfuelling, but under fuelling?? I turned my mixture screws a quarter turn richer, see how it goes today and will post tonight, if it is not already fixed.

yeah some times i get some smoke

i changed the fuel filter yesterday that wasent it

when i get home I'm going to and a fiddle with the mixture screws and see how i go

and i dident really rev it to hard and the oil is still were it was before i done it so i don't think it was a head gasket but i might be

thanks sam

ill keep you posted

Fit Start Ya Bastard injection. And by that I mean take the air cleaner off and spray it in with engine running /rev it a bit to clean the carby cos sometimes the rocker cover fills with oil at revs and doesn't drain quick enough. And then you end up with oil in the carby.

dumb question time:

is your air filter clean? even if you can't blow dust out of it, it might still be blocked bad enough to cause problems, especially if it is a viscous paper type.

I had a mate in high school who was keen on reverse doughnuts in a mitsubishi colt, and he used to clean the air filter out every time he got home from driving on the dirt, and a surprising amount of shit came out.

Robert.

yeah iv got some start ya bastard at home so ill give that a shot

the air filter is only 2 weeks old and yeah i was doing it there wasent much dirt at all and was i lil bit wet from the raid the night before but ill give it a clean aswell

and to ad to the problems the starter motor died yesterday day so i need to go get a new one

are the auto starter motors the same as manual??

alright managed to get my car into wok today (mechanic)

and my boss and I had a look at it, we have replaced ignition, ( coil, dizzy parts, plugs, leads) we retuned the carbs.. and still no luck.

so we moved on to timing which was well out..

Timing will most probably be the issue unless it has a worn timing chain. Trying to set the timing on my car was impossible as the timing chain was so stretched it would'n't hold the timing and as a result was about 30 degrees retarded.

we kept trying to get it to hold until my carb backfired, ramflo caught fire and melted and generally sh#t hit the fan.

bad news...

tomorrow I have to go into work and replace timing chain and tensioner.

good news...

my new cam gets to go in early.

the round about answer.. check your timing and timing chain.

i dotn think I'm going to bother with it just now

me and a mate are going halfs in a new ke70 for a parts car so I'm pulling the 4k and recoed 5 speed manual out of that and putting it in along with what ever i need from it thanks any way guys

or and i did the whole start ya bastard thing and it lasted about 10 mins lol