Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Blew My Rear End 1969 Ke15!what Gears Will Fit?

Featured Replies

Hi guys I have a 1969 Corolla KE15 and one of my spider gears broke today. I live in the USA and I can't seem to find anyone who has the gears. Does anyone know if there is a newer toyota I can take the differential out of that will fit my housing and axles?

 

I tried a 1981 Corolla chuck but the splines were different.

 

Any help would be great thanks!

 

Jeff

Most likely you will need a Japanese style diff. Have a read of this item in the FAQ.

 

http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?tit...ferential_Gears

 

I highly doubt that you got the Borg Warner diffs that we have in Aus, but you may have got a local version in your cars. Look for any 69-76 corolla and you might be fine.

Ke 15 (jap and euro anyway) had 5.8" B-code diffs. So did early ke2x.

 

They both shared the 110x4 pcd as well.

 

Starlets had X-code (5.7") and U-code (6") diffs and 114.3x4 pcd stud pattern .

 

Width shoud be about the same but ke15s are leaf sprung and starlets have coils so mounts will need some moding if you choose that route.

I wasn't really clear, but I was referring to just using the diff center from a model more freely available in the US than what the ke15's are.

 

The ke30/35/36 6" jap diff centers will bolt straight into a ke15 diff housing with a change of the rear diff flange part of the tailshaft and new uni joint.

  • Author
I wasn't really clear, but I was referring to just using the diff center from a model more freely available in the US than what the ke15's are.

 

The ke30/35/36 6" jap diff centers will bolt straight into a ke15 diff housing with a change of the rear diff flange part of the tailshaft and new uni joint.

 

 

Thanks thats the info I was looking for. Something that will bolt right in with the right axle splines and everything. It is very hard to find that info here. Not much is known about the early KE's. I did manage to find a KE15 in a junk yard with the diff I will find out tommorow if it is any good.

 

Thanks for your help!

Thanks thats the info I was looking for. Something that will bolt right in with the right axle splines and everything. It is very hard to find that info here. Not much is known about the early KE's. I did manage to find a KE15 in a junk yard with the diff I will find out tommorow if it is any good.

 

Thanks for your help!

 

 

Hey grinogjj. I need parts for my KE17 and you said there is one in the junkyard you are going to? I am in Toronto Canada.

 

Can you get these parts for me? I'll pay you $$$ for all of it.

 

Complete Ignition Tumbler and The column covers for it.

 

Front turn signal lenses. Gauge cluster with tachometer mine never had one as it is an automatic.

 

Clutch pedal and rod (just get the whole pedal assembly if you could)

 

"Sprinter" script lettering mine is missing. on the top of the trunklid

 

PM me.

 

Dave

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.