Ke20 Front Struts

ausca62

:y: Hi guys I need help. The left front strut has gone soft and it is time to do something about it. I am running Koni Sport Adjustable inserts so I thought it would be a simple job. I sent them away to Toperformance only to be told that they no longer make parts for them. They told me that they could modify some to fit but it would be around $850 to $900 a pair. I am smart enough to know that you get what you pay for, and some of you would say don't be a tight ass and spend the money, but I can't justify spending that amount of cash. I have looked around and all I can come up with is Pedders "Comfort Gas". Not realy what I had in mind but $600 cheaper. Has anybody got any ideas or know of a conversion that I can still run the same wheels etc. (110 PCD). Maybe some one has some second hand inserts they could sell me. I am open to all suggestions. Thanks Paul.

post-5916-1248343480.jpg

Members dont see this ad

HMMM, in the past I would have said go to

S.g. Leslie & Sons19 Mologa Rd, Heidelberg West, VIC 3081

p: 03 94592859

As they did stuff like this for me when i was using Koni's in Mazda RX2's and RX3's but I just rang and they said they get their parts fromTopPerformance as well.

Looks like might have to change brands after all. A shame, they are a nice insert.

Dale

HMMM, in the past I would have said go to

S.g. Leslie & Sons19 Mologa Rd, Heidelberg West, VIC 3081

p: 03 94592859

As they did stuff like this for me when i was using Koni's in Mazda RX2's and RX3's but I just rang and they said they get their parts fromTopPerformance as well.

Looks like might have to change brands after all. A shame, they are a nice insert.

Dale

Thanks Dale for going to the trouble of ringing around. Through ringing around myself I may have had a breakthrough. I have got onto a guy in Dandy that recons he can rebuild mine for around $300. Will go and see him this week. Fingers crossed. Cheers Paul. :y:

Mate try a few different places , if you go and ask around at 5 different suspension shops you'll probably get 3-4 different options , just because one place says they aren't made anymore doesn't make it so ( most of the time anyway)

Unfortunately, Toperformance do all the Koni stuff in Aus and if they have trouble, then most other crowds will also have the same trouble.

All the joints I spoke to in Adelaide send theirs back there anyway.