Mikes 1990 Seca Sx

Tazz

Members dont see this ad

well it has been started but just having some issues that shouldn't bee too much hassle to get sorted. i'm amazed at just how quiet the car is now. i've driven it back from getting the exhaust done and it was considerably quiter than the 16v.

won't be the case for much longer as i have some plans for a new muffler, although a cannon is the last thing on my mind.... mmmmm twin pipes :y:

something that'll be a bit cheaper actually.. i've had this idea on my mind for some months now and think that'll look a lot better than all those bloody cannons. need to talk to the guys at the exhaust shop and see what they can do that'll be a little quieter than this due to it not having a muffler. spoke to them a while ago and they seemed to think that they could do it.

blue8648ur.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

well the 20v is great, i have no complaints about the power its got and the torque difference compared to the 16v is amazing, for my style of driving it's all i could have asked for.

the acceleration in 2nd and 3rd is great. only really one problem with the engine and thats the fact that the ISCV is stuffed so the car has no cold start which means warming the car up before driving it everywhere. but thats no real hassle since i'll get another one under warranty.

for any sydneysiders the car will hopefully be at toyotafest in october so feel free to come on up and say hi. i'm planning to get the new muffler done by then aswell as the current one seems to be quite restrictive at higher revs. i'm guessing it was fine on the 16v since the secondaries were pretty average compared to the 20v ones which are considerably bigger, esp when going over the front crossmember.

• 1 month later...

just an update haven't been on here for a while, 20v is running well, still needs so minor adjustments. fiarly certain that the AFM isn't 100%.

have had the new muffler put on which has helped with the extra flow. lookks a bit ricey but it's better than alkl those cannons people put on the seca's.

also have a minor electrical problem which i'm sure is just the connection at the terminal. will look into that this w/e and try another setup with the power cable for the amplifier.

on another note the car won an award at toyotafest.. well sort of. the police didn't rock up to judge the police choice award so the judges gave it to someonefitting and my recent stupidity leading to a 6 month suspension was just what they wer looking for. a small consellation for the loss of license i suppose.

anyways some pictures of the car with the new exhaust and also down the old pacific hwy.

PA0501722.JPG

PA0501652.JPG

PA0501692.JPG