Camping Cruise. Lamington National Park

JiP

Hey guys had a great time on the camping trip this past weekend so I thought I'd start planing the next one.

I was thinking we could go to Springbrook or Laminton National park.

I did a little search and this is what I came up with...

Cost: (Both Sites)

Before camping in a park, forest or similar reserve, you must obtain a camping permit and pay your camping fees.

Camping fees are $5.00 per person per night or $20.00 per family per night. A family group is up to two adults and accompanying children under 18, up to a total of eight people. Children under five are free.

Springbrook.

There is one campground, The Settlement, with tent camping beside your car in well-defined sites. Space for camper trailers and campervans is available. As this is a newly established campground, please be aware that the vegetation does not yet provide shade or screening from the road.

The previous campground at Gwongorella near the top of Purling Brook Falls has now closed.

Camping permits are required and fees apply.

Site Layout:

post-1158-1255322019_thumb.jpg

Campground features: The Settlement is a new camping area. At present it is very open, with no shade or screening from the road. Native shrubs and trees have been planted and these will soon provide screening and shade.

Location: On Carricks Road, linked by a short walking track to the top of Purling Brook Falls. This walking track links up to the Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk.

Access: The campground can be reached by conventional vehicle.

Number of sites: 11 well-defined, numbered sites.

Campsites are suitable for: tents, camper trailers and campervans. Each campsite has a well grassed area approximately 10m in diameter and an individual parking bay. Numbered sites 1-4 have longer parking bays (approx. 8m x 4.2m) that could accommodate a camper trailer however the grassed area is partially separated from the parking bay by bollards - see campsite photo. Sites 5-11 are for tent based camping only. See map of camping area.

Campsite surface: Grassed area with gravel parking bays.

Facilities: Toilets, drinking water and a cooking shelter with free electric barbecues. Please note that showers are not provided. Across Carricks Road is a large open recreation area, information shelter, picnic facilities and additional toilets.

Open fires: Prohibited.

Generators: Not permitted.

Essentials to bring: Rubbish bags and sun protection. Read more about Things to know before you go.

Bookings: Bookings are essential and are required well in advance for holiday periods. Book online or by phone.

Mobile phone coverage: Poor; coverage is generally available from lookouts where you can see the Gold Coast.

http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks_and_forest...nformation.html

Or

Lamington National Park

There is one campground in the Green Mountains section of Lamington National Park, and another campground adjacent to the Binna Burra section of the park. Both campgrounds have facilities and are within short walking distances to all graded walking tracks.

The Green Mountains campground is managed by QPWS at the Green Mountains section of Lamington National Park. It is adjacent to the day visitor carpark at the end of Lamington National Park Road, via Canungra. Camping permits are required and fees apply. A tag with your booking number must be displayed at your campsite.

The Binna Burra campground is on private land adjacent to Lamington National Park. It is commercially managed by the Binna Burra Mountain Lodge and is at the end of Binna Burra Road, via Beechmont.

Some opportunities for remote, walk-in bush camping are available within the park. For more information on bush camp site locations, availability and an application form contact the QPWS Green Mountains office by email at

[email protected].

Green Mountains Campground

Campground features: Situated on the side of a grassy sloping hill with tent and campervan sites cut into the slope. An informal dirt road rings the camp sites. All walking tracks are located within easy walking distance. The commercially managed O'Reilly's Rainforest Resort is nearby on private land.

Location: Adjacent to the day visitor carpark at the end of Lamington National Park Road. It is 200m from the QPWS information centre, where you can get walking track information.

Access: The campground is accessible by conventional vehicle. Caravans and buses cannot be accommodated. Although the campground as a whole is accessible by car, for some sites it is necessary to park a short distance from the campsite.

Number of sites: Sites are not numbered.

Campsites are suitable for: tent camping beside your car, walk-in camping and campervans. There are no powered sites. Campervan and tent sites are interspersed throughout the campground. Campervan sites are indicated by a post with a campervan symbol. Sites are not suitable for caravans or camper-trailers as the campervan sites do not allow enough room for annexes to be erected or vehicles to be parked alongside.

Campsite surface: Hardened surface (mixture of compacted crusher dust and sand).

Facilities: Drinking water, composting toilets, hot showers and an industrial rubbish bin. The nearby resort has a public phone. There are no shelter sheds or barbecue facilities in the campground, but there are electric barbecues in the day-use area, 250m away.

Open fires: Prohibited - fuel or gas stoves only.

Generators: Not permitted.

Essentials to bring: Fuel or gas stove, insect repellent, washing up basin, ground sheet to place under your tent to prevent wear, warm clothes and wet weather gear. Bring $1 coins if you plan to use the electric barbecues in the day-use area.

Bookings: Book online or by phone on 13 13 04. Book in advance for all weekends, public holidays and school holidays. At other times you may book in advance or, if sites are available, self-register at the QPWS information centre. Camping fees must be paid before camping overnight.

Mobile phone coverage: Poor.

http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks_and_forest...nformation.html

Booking Link: https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks/iaparks/gd...p?quickParkId=7

Cruise

If you can't make it you don't have to attend the cruise portion of this event, you can come after. As for those wish to cruise in as a group we will be...

Meeting at: Yatala BP (Pacific Highway (M1) Yatala)

Depart at: 12:00pm noon when the sun is at its highest.

Attendees

* JiP, BIL, 2 x Kids .......................... Paid For Camp Site

* Dougie (PHATKE20S) .................... Paid For Camp Site

* Andrew (rolladude), Toby .............. Paid For Camp Site

* Mitch (mitch_mac) ........................ Paid For Camp Site

* Andrew (love ke70), Amber ........... Not Attending

* 2 x BIL's friends ........................... Paid For Camp Site

* Benny (benny20) ......................... Awaiting Confirmation And Payment Confirmation.

* Tim (BLUDGER) ............................ Awaiting Confirmation And Payment Confirmation.

* Ashley (the db king) ..................... Waiting for Response

* Tory (ae80rollaguy) ...................... Not Attending

* Tommy (TommyGun) ................... Paid For Camp Site

* Rob, Amber, 2 x kids (Towe001) ... Paid For Camp Site

Total

13 Adults + 5 Kids

Paid

10 Adults + 5 Kids

As of today October 26th there are 15 Spaces left for the night. Please book in advance.

Edited by JiP

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ill be down if its novemeber 7th is my birthday so ill be out getting my party on then after that i should be on holidays for 3 weeks eather that or I'm pullin a sicky! haha

hopefully if plans go to plans witch they never do ill have a drivers bucket seat,fender mirrors and twin delortoes running yeow!

ill be keen on taking it for a nice drive

eather one looks like a good option JiP

yeh i no what you mean it would be good to have some decent numbers

have you thought of mount archer out the back of caboolture sort of way its not to far away and really nie aswell

I'm easy eather way i havent been camping in ages lol

i think i might have to sleep in the back of the ke55 =]

lOl its not that comfy. I slept in the back of the Subi and I had to keep a door open.

I was thinking this location or direction cause the first camping trip was north, second was west and third could be south.

lOl its not that comfy. I slept in the back of the Subi and I had to keep a door open.

I was thinking this location or direction cause the first camping trip was north, second was west and third could be south.

i slept in the back of my 2 door tx3 laser once hahha my back was not good after that lol i think ill go buy a little 2 man tent

I agree on the second option pending seeing the site layout....That First option looks nice but too squashed up

Has anyone been to Lamington National Park Campground by any chance........

Maybe we need to scout this one beforehand John?

Let me know if your keen to drive down there one day & I'll tag along mate....

Yeah I'm fine to do a number two. I mean the number two lOl

I've got most times free so I can do it when ever. Lamington has two camping sites. One which is run by the Qld Gov and the other which is privately run. I could look into that too and go check it out when I scout the run.

So yeah let me know if ya have a day free and we can go for a drive. :)