Efi Into Ae71 Help... Correct Pump?

Victim

Hey all...

Doing the old 4AGE into an AE71 conversion and i'm setting up the fuel pump & i need to know what kind of intake pump i need.

I'm not looking to use a lift & pressure pump setup (i.e. a VL commodore), i'm after an in-tank setup to keep things clean.

I've searched here and elsewhere and on the advice of what i found i went out and grabbed an AE82 pump from a smallport, but it is way too big to fit into the hole, let alone needing extra room for allowing a longer bracket to reach the bottom of the tank as the AE82 one is far too short...

So i really need to know exactly what kind of pump others have used to fit down into the hole?

Cheers guys...

Members dont see this ad
Hey all...

Doing the old 4AGE into an AE71 conversion and i'm setting up the fuel pump & i need to know what kind of intake pump i need.

I'm not looking to use a lift & pressure pump setup (i.e. a VL commodore), i'm after an in-tank setup to keep things clean.

I've searched here and elsewhere and on the advice of what i found i went out and grabbed an AE82 pump from a smallport, but it is way too big to fit into the hole, let alone needing extra room for allowing a longer bracket to reach the bottom of the tank as the AE82 one is far too short...

So i really need to know exactly what kind of pump others have used to fit down into the hole?

Cheers guys...

Mate VLs have 2 pumps, a lift pump and an external pump. Most people replicate that system with the lift pump filling a surge tank and then the high pressure pump feeding and returning to that.

In tank pumps require a baffled fuel tank from an efi car, you have limited options for this, youd need an ae86 fuel tank from japan or an RT142 corona tank with a couple of mods. Or you can mod a ke70 tank to have a swirl pot inside and a bigger opening.