Serious Brakes For Ke-30

crunchie

Just thought I'd let u guys know corona XT-130 front struts bolt straight into a KE-30 (or similar).

The disc is bigger, the caliper is bigger, the spring is bigger etc. Before swapping the strut put a good

shock in it and go a heavier spring. How heavy and low is up to you.

While you are sourcing struts, look for a 1968 Mk2 corona wagon diff (4.9 ratio yi-ha), they had a

leaf spring arse end and were 6cylinders (bigger diff and drum brakes) and it bolts straigh in

(tailshaft uni conversion required, put a HQ uni on it)

May as well do leaf springs as well, reset 2-3 inches lower

You now have corona stud pattern, and your wheel track is wider, offset wheels accordingly

Last of all CHANGE THE MASTER CYLINDER to corona as well, you guessed it - it bolts straight in

I know this because i did it 20yrs ago. The thing (my KE-30) stopped like you could not imagine, went

around corners like it was on rails, it had a 3TG (1.8l twin cam), bored to 1923cc, it went like stink and blew

away brock commodores at the time, supra close ratio gearbox, roll cage, on the deck, 11.1s at the old

oran pk (330meters) and 13.:S at eastern ck.................ah them was the days!

I should mention it ws engineered.

I hope you guys can get something out of this and are having as much fun in your KE -xx's as I did!

post-9704-1257938669_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Good info.

Variations on that theme which are pretty common are the RT132 strut which is the same as the XT130.

Hilux 4 spot calipers bolt to the corona strut

And if you want a new master cylinder then a Pajero one can be bought off the shelf for not much money at all.