Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which Boss Kit For Ae102r?

Featured Replies

I bought a SAAS boss kit ages ago from SCA and had to order it in. I told them my car was a 96 model so i got part#BK192L.

 

Trying to install it and I'm not real happy with how far down the spline it sits - even with a fair amount of persuasion it is only half-way down the spline.

 

So i did some research and according to a nice PDF there is a different part.

 

13-BK138L CSX - SECA - AE SERIES 1985 - 1988

 

13-BK192L COROLLA 1993 - ON

 

So...mine's a AE102R CSX 96 model...which is correct?

Edited by Satyr

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

^ Cos it says AE model....and the one I have (BK192L) doesnt fit for some reason. Only goes about half-way down the frickin spline. So even if i do the nut up it will only go down half the thread. I am presuming that ain't right. I've spent so long on the damn thing I'm pretty convinced that model doesnt fit my car.

^ Cos it says AE model....and the one I have (BK192L) doesnt fit for some reason. Only goes about half-way down the frickin spline. So even if i do the nut up it will only go down half the thread. I am presuming that ain't right. I've spent so long on the damn thing I'm pretty convinced that model doesnt fit my car.

 

Corollas were "AE" from 1981 to 2001 (ish), but in that time they came out in 4 different chassis models - AE8x, AE9x, AE10x and AE11x. The A refers to the A-series engine, and the E is Toyota's chassis-code for Corolla (and Corollas have had the E chassis code from the very beginning, even the RWD models)

 

You need to go by the year, which in your case is a 1996 model (AE102), and thus only things from 1994-1998 are designed for your series of car.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

  • Author

Yea thats exactly what i thought. I just thought maybe not all other manufacturers adhered to that. Just a bit strange that a SAAS boss kit for 96 corolla doesn't fit on my standard spline....waste of $70.

Yea thats exactly what i thought. I just thought maybe not all other manufacturers adhered to that. Just a bit strange that a SAAS boss kit for 96 corolla doesn't fit on my standard spline....waste of $70.

 

Might sound a bit stupid, but are you putting it on the right way?

 

Remember also that boss kits aren't always designed for specific models, they cover a wide range and thus mightn't be a perfect fit on each and every car within that range.

  • Author

I can deal with stupid. I'd rather be stupid than have the wrong item. hehehe

 

I'm pretty sure theres only one way to put them on. The flaire'd piece goes closest to the windscreen cos thats threaded for the spline. Not as though my model is rare or anything....just a hatch version of yours.

 

Only reason i'm fussed is cos a guy at work gave me a $400 momo wheel and i want to actually put it to use rather than just take it for nothing. I'll try and take a photo of my fail - hopefully i do turn out to be stupid.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.