2tg Pistons

ausca62

Can anyone help? End of season and no races till late Jan so wipped out the old 2TG for a rebuild. Problem is my engine machine shop dude tells me he can't get pistons for it. He rang all his supliers and came up short. I am looking for oversize, can anyone help with suplier or part #. Any help mutch apprieciated. thanks Paul :)

Members dont see this ad

I am going through a similar thing with an 18RG at the moment.

www.toyheadauto.com has some listed, but they will take you over your 1600cc limit. they are a good reliable supplier for old toyota parts

www.atomicspeedware.com (Arias) have a listing for a 3T-C so I don't imagine a 2T-G would be beyond their scope, same for Wiseco.

I am currently trying to find out if JE will do a custom piston for me at a reasonable price.

If you want to shop local, I am told Special Piston Services in Dandenong are good, kickn5k has a connection there I believe.

http://www.toysport.com/webpages/WebUpdate...neParts/2tg.htm - that site has them listed and a reasonable price. He told me my 18RG ones would be a special order and I have got varying reports about the trustworthiness of that business, so I am trying to find another option. A few guys have told me that his pistons come from Venolia and all said the pistons were good. Perhaps it would be worth contacting them directly.

Basically though, its not going to be an off the shelf piston, you are going to have to get it through special order.